Contribute
Register

Post-Install help needed: audio, LAN, iGPU. Mojave 10.14.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I work from home so I will be on all day tomorrow as well. Thank you so much for the help so far. I look forward to working with you tomorrow to resolve these issues!
A last try for now.

On Reboot to CBM screen go down to >Options>GraphicsInjector-> try the following

[√]Inject Intel (as before)
Fake ID : 0x59168086.
*-platform-id = 0x591B0000
Return and reboot and check for Graphics acceleration .

If fixed, edit config.plist with those values.

For Audio,
I need a lot more grey cell recovery time.

Sorry I did not see this reply last night! I just saw it and gave it a try. It still took a long time to get to CBM, and from there was a blank screen for another minute or two before the normal Verbose output appeared and it finished booting. After verbose output, I finally got a black screen with an Apple logo and it quickly finished booting.

Unfortunately it did not seem to have any effect on the graphics. :(

I am able to continue T/S with you at this time if your are.

cmn699, any further advise?
Sorry it did not help you with your graphics.
Can you check the Card DeviceID: in Clover Boot Manager(CBM) Screen
  • >Options>Graphics Injector->Card DeviceID:and report or better still upload its screen shot?
  • Also upload screen shot of a CBM_Options> Boot Args:

Here are the two shots of the CBM you needed. The one checkbox for Inject Intel is in fact checked, it is just impossible to tell in the photo due to the glossy screen and lighting.

20181229_112525.jpg
20181229_112606.jpg

Here are the two shots of the CBM you needed. The one checkbox for Inject Intel is in fact checked, it is just impossible to tell in the photo due to the glossy screen and lighting.

View attachment 375707 View attachment 375708
Please note the GraphicsInjector>

View attachment 375707 View attachment 375708

GraphicsInjector->:*-platform id should be 0x 59120000 NOT 0x059120000

and you should also have Check mark in InjectIntel

That is two silly typo mistakes I have made now, my apologies.

As stated in previous post, the InjectIntel box is checked, it simply does not appear that way in the picture I took due to the lighting. In person, you see the check mark in the box.

After making the platform id correction and rebooting, I am still unfortunately faced with the same graphics issue.

Is there anything else I could try?

That is two silly typo mistakes I have made now, my apologies.

As stated in previous post, the InjectIntel box is checked, it simply does not appear that way in the picture I took due to the lighting. In person, you see the check mark in the box.

After making the platform id correction and rebooting, I am still unfortunately faced with the same graphics issue.

Is there anything else I could try?
I am baffled and wonder if your Proprietary System by Dell has made any changes in its BIOS to prevent tweaking. I don't own any Brand Name PCs and all of mine are self assembled.

Clover has shown the Device ID of your Graphics Card as 5912.
In my GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming the Intel HD 630 shows up as 5912 and works OK with the Fake ID and ig-p-id I gave you to try.

Try and check with DPCIManager how your Video Card is seen.

An example screen shot is uploaded from z270x

Attachments

• DPCIManager.png
    DPCIManager.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 65
There was an issue. My config.plist changes were not saving during my testing. Therefore, my platform ID was always set to 0x05912000 (which I know, has the extra 0 at the beginning), and my Fake ID was set to 0x059128086 (again, the extra 0). It was like this through all of my testing I think. I found the problem with it not saving, and then I retried the two combinations of settings you gave me.

I set the config.plist as you see below:

First try
  • Fake ID: 0x59128086
  • platform id: 0x59120000
  • Result: gets all the way to the end of booting (black apple screen), then it reboots and tries again.

Second try
  • Fake ID: 0x59168086
  • platform id: 0x591B0000
  • Result: same as above, gets all the way to the end of booting (black apple screen), then it reboots and tries again.
I was able to get it to boot all the way up again by setting the Fake ID and platform id back to the values with extra 0s in them. It seems to me that it was only booting because the Fake ID and platform id were both set with an invalid value. When I tried booting with either of the two combinations you gave me, I was put into the boot loop.

Since I was only able to fully boot into macOS when the two values were set to invalid settings (leaving them blank results in the boot loop), I am not sure the output I got from DPCIManager are accurate. It simply shows nothing listed under the spot where they are supposed to list GPUs.

I am going to keep testing. Please let me know if you can think of anything else.

There was an issue. My config.plist changes were not saving during my testing. Therefore, my platform ID was always set to 0x05912000 (which I know, has the extra 0 at the beginning), and my Fake ID was set to 0x059128086 (again, the extra 0). It was like this through all of my testing I think. I found the problem with it not saving, and then I retried the two combinations of settings you gave me.

I set the config.plist as you see below:

First try
  • Fake ID: 0x59128086
  • platform id: 0x59120000
  • Result: gets all the way to the end of booting (black apple screen), then it reboots and tries again.

Second try
  • Fake ID: 0x59168086
  • platform id: 0x591B0000
  • Result: same as above, gets all the way to the end of booting (black apple screen), then it reboots and tries again.
I was able to get it to boot all the way up again by setting the Fake ID and platform id back to the values with extra 0s in them. It seems to me that it was only booting because the Fake ID and platform id were both set with an invalid value. When I tried booting with either of the two combinations you gave me, I was put into the boot loop.

Since I was only able to fully boot into macOS when the two values were set to invalid settings (leaving them blank results in the boot loop), I am not sure the output I got from DPCIManager are accurate. It simply shows nothing listed under the spot where they are supposed to list GPUs.

I am going to keep testing. Please let me know if you can think of anything else.

Have you installed using a kext install tool like Kext Utility or KextBeast, the Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kexts and AppleALC.kext to your /Library/Extensions folder? If not do that.
If yes, then try the following.
I suggest editing as a trial CBM >Options >
  • Graphics Injector->: Fake ID as 0x0 (that is the default and ig-platform-id: Blank (that is the default) but [√]Injtect Intel
  • Boot Args: dart=0 -v keesyms=1 debug=0x100 -disablegfxfirmware kext-dev-mode=1 -no-compat_check
[See attached images]

If this works to fix the issue, edit your config.plist.

Attachments

• 1. CBM_Options_Boot Args.png
    1. CBM_Options_Boot Args.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • 2.CBM_)ptiosn_Graphics Injector->.png
    2.CBM_)ptiosn_Graphics Injector->.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back