Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Internal (so far)
I had almost abandoned this build - gave a new tutorial on high Sierra install and it kinda works. There are many problems, but the most significant is internal graphics. I somehow suspect that I have missed an important inject/copy/install/configure operation during the installation. But I'm lost. I have searched (oh, how I've searched) but can't find similar installations. One attempt following ill advice resulted in pulling the hard drive to recover the config.plist.

Anyways, I'm not sure what information would be helpful for debug, but any assistance is appreciated.

Oh, btw, my system has only 8Mb of vram. I'm sure that has SOMETHING to do with my problems.

thx - allen

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 6.05.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 6.05.15 PM.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 166
my system has only 8Mb of vram. I'm sure that has SOMETHING to do with my problems.
You might try increasing the DVMT value in your BIOS settings.

It's set to 128MB. So, I'm confused about how it's only 8Mb during operation. Is something overriding the BIOS value?

Thanks. I'll re-read this and attempt some fixes. However, I used information in this thread before, and it lead me to an unbootable system. Unfortunately, I don't recall what failed me before, as it is more a conversation than a list of conclusive solutions. :(

One generic question I couldn't find a definitive answer to: is all the configuration for Sierra applicable to High Sierra? MultiBeast, for example....

thx - allen

Update - I installed clover; no change. Tried ig-platform-id of 0x59120000; wouldn't boot. Tried 0x19160000; boots, but same results as 0x1912..... Tried both SMBIOS 17,1 and 18,3. They behave the same. I tried another poster's config.plist, and it didn't work, either. I'll try RehabMan's 0x19168086 with ig-platform-id 0x19160000 next. I'll report results in a bit.

thx - allen

SMBIOS 0x1916000 didn't solve the problem.

I've attached my current config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
I have hd530 and I was able to fix a similar issue with kext injection of lilu.kext and intelfixgfx.kext . Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back