Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have installed 13.3.3 onto my system and it worked liked charm for 2 days. Then while I was working it suddenly rebooted and now sticking on the boot screen.

verbose mode message says;

AppleKeyStore; operation failed (pid:62 sel:7 ret: e00002c2 '-536870206', -1, 100000)
busy timeout[0], (60s): 'iMac14,2'
busy timeout[1], (60s): 'iMac14,2'
busy timeout[2], (60s): 'iMac14,2'
busy timeout[3], (60s): 'iMac14,2'
IOConsoleUsers; time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs0, now0, sm 0x0

and above message loops forever.

I copied FakeSMC.kext from Others to 10.13 as well under EFI/CLOVER/kexts

but still the same..

Any suggestions or ideas? I am stuck in the mid of my work and cannot boot..

Last edited:
Hi,

I have installed 13.3.3 onto my system and it worked liked charm for 2 days. Then while I was working it suddenly rebooted and now sticking on the boot screen.

verbose mode message says;

AppleKeyStore; operation failed (pid:62 sel:7 ret: e00002c2 '-536870206', -1, 100000)
busy timeout[0], (60s): 'iMac14,2'
busy timeout[1], (60s): 'iMac14,2'
busy timeout[2], (60s): 'iMac14,2'
busy timeout[3], (60s): 'iMac14,2'
IOConsoleUsers; time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs0, now0, sm 0x0

and above message loops forever.

I copied FakeSMC.kext to 10.13 under EFI/CLOVER/kexts

but still the same..

Any suggestions or ideas? I am stuck in the mid of my work and cannot boot..
  • You got a problem with your Graphics. If you solve it , it will boot OK.

Thanks, am using Nvidia 770 series and never had any problems before.. Let me try some tricks with the boot options.. Any ideas?
You know what, the important components of a boot failure you got to share with those who want to help you, are:-
  • The Disk that is trying to boot to its destination screen.( In this case your system Hard disk including whether it is SSD with APFS or SpinDisk with HFS+J format)
  • The BIOS setup of "Boot Options Priorities", "Graphics" related options, "Power" Options, "USB" Options etc either as a list or preferably as screen shots(Not provided).
  • The contents of CLOVER folder inside the Disk that is booting as a Compressed file (Not Provided)
  • The picture of the Verbose Boot screen (NOT the Apple Logo and Progress bar length in %) or exact wording of the frozen screen observed [Always better in the form of a screen shot ]
Anything else is a guessing game that can go on for a long time without any speedy resolution.

You know what, the important components of a boot failure you got to share with those who want to help you, are:-
  • The Disk that is trying to boot to its destination screen.( In this case your system Hard disk including whether it is SSD with APFS or SpinDisk with HFS+J format)
  • The BIOS setup of "Boot Options Priorities", "Graphics" related options, "Power" Options, "USB" Options etc either as a list or preferably as screen shots(Not provided).
  • The contents of CLOVER folder inside the Disk that is booting as a Compressed file (Not Provided)
  • The picture of the Verbose Boot screen (NOT the Apple Logo and Progress bar length in %) or exact wording of the frozen screen observed [Always better in the form of a screen shot ]
Anything else is a guessing game that can go on for a long time without any speedy resolution.
OK thanks;

I have the bios defaults set and then Intel GPU disabled from the bios (been using it like that for like few years now)

The disk is a SSD with APFS, the bios is set to boot from that disk only. (again same settings for years)

The contents of the CLOVER (will share)

The picture of the verbose screen is below;

IMG_3194.JPG

Returned to 10.13.2 with Time Machine.. Boots OK now..

I will need to investigate why this happened...

The uploaded screen shot was the result of your "troubleshoot" for the wrong diagnosis of
"DSMOS has arrived" and the screen going to sleep or turning Black. That error is different from "Waiting for DSMOS" as shown in the recently uploaded image.
Waiting for DSMOS.png

The former is from the inability to find the right Graphics card to boot and the latter verbose boot error ( The current "Waiting for DSMOS) is from a missing DSMOS in the expected folder /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other or as a result of some other Folders blocking the path to this critical folder "Other".
All the named folders: "10.6 to 10.13" in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts are unnecessary, serve no useful purpose, and often contribute to boot freeze in macOS High Sierra System disk. It is a good practice to delete them.

The uploaded screen shot was the result of your "troubleshoot" for the wrong diagnosis of
"DSMOS has arrived" and the screen going to sleep or turning Black. That error is different from "Waiting for DSMOS" as shown in the recently uploaded image.View attachment 319107

The former is from the inability to find the right Graphics card to boot and the latter verbose boot error ( The current "Waiting for DSMOS) is from a missing DSMOS in the expected folder /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other or as a result of some other Folders blocking the path to this critical folder "Other".
All the named folders: "10.6 to 10.13" in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts are unnecessary, serve no useful purpose, and often contribute to boot freeze in macOS High Sierra System disk. It is a good practice to delete them.

The first thing I did to trouble shoot was to delete 10.XX folders leaving Other only. FakeSMC.kext was in Other folder but it didn't boot at that setup either. Creating 10.13 again and copy everything from Library/Extensions to 10.13 didn't solve it. Maybe its the FakeSMC.kext version.. Updated my clover now.. Will give it another shot (10.13.3 update) when I have time..

Last edited:
Hey just wanted to know, whether you were able to resolve the issue! I'm on a different platform (p55) but same graphics card.

Sporadically my hack will go into a bootloop with the same message "waiting for dsmos" and then "apple keystore operation failed" It will then automatically restart.

I'll try and delete the other kexts folders and see if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back