Contribute
Register

Possible to restore from backup without having Mac App Store access?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigayte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i5-4690k
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have lost access to a working Mac, so I cannot create a bootable USB with yosemites install app using unibeast. However, I did backup my data on time machine to a external drive when my hack was working. Is it possible to use unibeast or clover, or some other boot loader to re install Yosemite completely?

I have lost access to a working Mac, so I cannot create a bootable USB with yosemites install app using unibeast. However, I did backup my data on time machine to a external drive when my hack was working. Is it possible to use unibeast or clover, or some other boot loader to re install Yosemite completely?

Without a bootable USB how you will do a fresh installation/re installation??

And for making bootable USB you don't have access to a machine which is running MAC OS X too..

One solution is if you have OS X SL retail DVD, then install it on your build with iBoot.

BTW, What is the issue with your build (Which was ran OS X previously)??

Thanks for the reply.....

Well now that I got accustomed to using unibeast/chimera, I wanted to explore further and start using clover....however, I only have one mac in the house (which was my hack). I ended up making a bootable usb drive at a friends house.....I was just wondering if it was possible just to reinstall Mac OS X with just a time machine backup...which now I know the answer....hey as long we learn, right!! :banghead::headbang::D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back