Contribute
Register

Possible solution for audio and other problems for those with NVDIA cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i5
Graphics
GTX 980
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everyone. If your experience with the Yosemite installation has been anything like mine it hasn't exactly been stress-free. After trying multiple different multibeast configs I was able to get my machine to boot and work successfully as far as I can tell. I have a GTX 970 and am using the web drivers so I'm not sure if this fix will work for everyone or just people with those drivers.

Anyways my machine was working but ethernet and sound weren't working right. I looked at the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in extras and noticed I had two separate strings (the nvidia driver and the kernel dev) under the <key>Kernel Flags</key> section. I combined them and now everything seems to work. So I guess on boot it was running into the error of having two keys and not loading the rest of the plist file. My current plist file looks like this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Not sure if that is helpful or not for anyone but it worked for me so make sure if you have a Nvidia card and are using the web drivers to combine the strings into one line. I'm still booting with kernel cache set as "No" but haven't tested "yes" again yet since it didn't work to begin with.

Thanks.... I also have a gtx 970 and this fixed my audio issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back