Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was wondering if this works for a hackintosh!

mobo: EVGA X58 SLI3
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 460 2win
CPU: i7 950 or 960 i haven't decided yet
PSU: ????
Hard drive: ???
DVD drive: ???
RAM: ???

Am i missing anything else? but will the mobo gpu and cpu compatible? also is there any limitations to the rest?

Thanks you in advance!

see my signature list - build power mac

i saw your list already. I am just not a fan of ATI raedon and was hoping more to get an EVGA nvidia.

but the mobo is okay? like i ain't going to have to do something SUPER fancy right? can i basically follow his instructions for that mobo?

D Dubz said:
but the mobo is okay? like i ain't going to have to do something SUPER fancy right? can i basically follow his instructions for that mobo?
No lol your basic Bios changes are the same, menu might be a tad different but what you need to change would be the same.

so what you are saying is. i can basically make a pc and just change bios and then use the installation guide and it will be a hackintosh?

No there are some motherboards that just don't work.
But if you google hackintosh + EVGA X58 SLI3 you get a couple of confirmed builds with it.

yeah i saw that too. but i was wondering if there is a benefit to maybe getting the giga mobo that jpa suggests? Because i'm pretty new to this whole hackintosh thing and I was wondering what i should get. and i'm trying to weight out the pros and cons. For example,
I believe the evga x58 sli le mobo is better in performance. BUT!!! the giga mobo has been used by a lot of people on this forum and I believe that I will more likely get my answers solved here if i ask.

but then it also has been stated that the bios are basically the same. so i am a bit in the middle.

Well the knowledge pool for the Gigabyte mobo is huge here so yeah you'll have bigger support base with that board. In all honesty that's why I choose it and it had already payed off when I have an issue.
I know other boards are better but in reality for what I do this one works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back