Contribute
Register

Possible Build - GA-Z77X-UP5 TH with i7-3770K

Status
Not open for further replies.
For SLI systems, get 750 W. For single GPU GTX670, 500 W is enough.

I am running a 4 GHz i7-3770k and a 1250 MHz Asus GTX680 on a 4 year old 550 W "Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro" PSU. Works absolutely fine.
I think about 95% buy too big PSUs for their systems which is uneffective in terms of cost and power consumption.

I would feel more safe trusting various calculators. It says I'll need 783 W to run my system when I get it all. I don't know much about PSUs but I bet 750w isn't going to cut it with these graphics cards. Any final thoughts?

Thanks for getting me thinking!

Side note: I was able to cancel my order just in time! I ordered the 850w. *wipes brow... that was a close one...

Side note: I was able to cancel my order just in time! I ordered the 850w. *wipes brow... that was a close one...

I'm gonna go with the 850 especially if I'm gonna buy another gpu later on.

Any advantages to get low profile ram other than the physical size? And I see that the custo Mac guide has older versions of the PSUs when you click the amazon link

Is there any reason I shouldn't buy the newer version?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LVUPZQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20. (old)

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-80PLUS-Certified-Modular-HX750/dp/B0090I9VZI/ref=dp_ob_title_ce. (New)

The only reason I could think of would buy if it will still sit properly in the case, but it should fit.

Thanks again everyone

I don't see any benefits in high profile RAM tbh. I would just get low profile to avoid any headaches in the future. You never know what might happen (might decide you want a big chunky heat sink further down the line?). In any case, I don't think there is much of a price difference.

I don't see any benefits in high profile RAM tbh. I would just get low profile to avoid any headaches in the future. You never know what might happen (might decide you want a big chunky heat sink further down the line?). In any case, I don't think there is much of a price difference.
I don't see any 32gb kits of low profile ram. I don't think it will be an issue, and if it is I will just use it in another machine =P

I don't see any 32gb kits of low profile ram. I don't think it will be an issue, and if it is I will just use it in another machine =P

Try this: CML32GX3M4A1600C10

I just installed my high profile ram. It's a bit ridiculous how big it is. My friend actually laughed when I put it in. Totally not necessary. If not... no problem! But IMO it's worth looking for LP RAM.
:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back