Graphics
PNY GTX 1080 FE
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all:

I've recently completed my first Hackintosh, and I'm very pleased with the results so far. It runs stable - no KP's or anything. It goes in and out of sleep just fine, etc. As a matter of fact, the whole process went so smoothly that I was inclined to hit the "Contribute" button and try to help fund tonymac/macman's efforts - something I rarely do.

Now to my potential issues:

1) Under any significant load, the sound may start hitching. For example, playing Left 4 Dead 2 isn't smooth - it stutters when I start firing my guns or when certain other sounds are playing. Another example is when I'm doing a "build" on my big project, iTunes will start stuttering as well. To me this seems like an audio issue, what do you think?

2) QE/CI are enabled. I get decent framerates in games (when it's not hitching as stated above). However, the UI just doesn't seem as smooth as my 2 year old iMac, that has literally 1/4 of this new machines capabilites. I ran CineBench and XBench to see how it benched. What I found was that CineBench pumps out 20.5 FPS in OS X and 42 FPS in Win 7 (when I dual boot). XBench, however, shows that my Open GL Graphics is only at 158.90, which is actually lower than my old iMac. Does that seem right?

Quartz Graphics Test 255.92
Line 199.61 13.29 Klines/sec [50% alpha]
Rectangle 250.23 74.71 Krects/sec [50% alpha]
Circle 216.14 17.62 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]
Bezier 233.07 5.88 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]
Text 619.73 38.77 Kchars/sec
OpenGL Graphics Test 158.90
Spinning Squares 158.90 201.58 frames/sec
User Interface Test 373.81
Elements 373.81 1.72 Krefresh/sec​

3) Lastly, I've noticed that my audio volume is much lower than it was when I first installed all of the kexts. Is there any way to boost up the dB's?

I've tried to update my signature to reflect everything I have installed.

Although I've used Macs for a couple of years, I have never had to dig into the OS, so I'm a noob when it comes to that. Could I get some expert help please?

Thanks,

Coolz

Just a quick update from my OP:

1) This seems to happen mostly in Steam Source games (which is what I play most). Apparently other people complain about it as well, so I suppose it isn't isolated to my Hackintosh.

2) I'd still like to know if there is anything I can do about the apparent smoothness of the UI, and why my Open GL score is so low.

3) I'd like to know if there is a setting somewhere that would let me bump up the output - anyone?

Thanks,

Coolz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back