Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370 OC GAMING
CPU
QN8G/ES8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070Ti
Hello forum! Hackintosh newbie from China here.
Recently I found the OS always pops up an error message when I start/re~ it. As the title says,"Your computer restarted because of a problem."
I found a thread in a Chinese forum that says it is because of "EmuVariableuefi-64.efi".
So I just simply removed the Emu. from clover/driver64UEFI.
And the graphics driver just no longer working(couldn't switch up from MacOSdefault to NVIDIA web driver).
umm...What should I do? THANK U!!!

At the Clover boot menu select your hard drive and then press F11 - The system will restart.
Then boot with nv_disable=1 and restore EmuVariableuefi-64.efi.

At the Clover boot menu select your hard drive and then press F11 - The system will restart.
Then boot with nv_disable=1 and restore EmuVariableuefi-64.efi.
I did recovered my graphics driver by following these steps, and also it turned out that the problem(error message) is because of the Emu. or...the NVRAM?
So what should I to solve this problem?
Thanks!

I did recovered my graphics driver by following these steps, and also it turned out that the problem(error message) is because of the Emu. or...the NVRAM?
So what should I to solve this problem?
Thanks!
Most probably the emulated NVRAM.
On your EFI partition delete nvram.plist.
Open Terminal and type :
Code:
sudo nvram -c
Restart and Press F11.

You may find that even after you do all of this EmuVariableuefi-64.efi will still restore the old NVRAM values.
You can try doing this with no EmuVariableuefi-64.efi and if the problem persists you may have to clear your CMOS settings.

Most probably the emulated NVRAM.
On your EFI partition delete nvram.plist.
Open Terminal and type :
Code:
sudo nvram -c
Restart and Press F11.

You may find that even after you do all of this EmuVariableuefi-64.efi will still restore the old NVRAM values.
You can try doing this with no EmuVariableuefi-64.efi and if the problem persists you may have to clear your CMOS settings.
I just take the CMOS battery off for a while then put it back on, and the thing is done!
And thank you for your advice, yours should be another workable solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back