Contribute
Register

Poor man's hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have studied your links, many seem difficult to apply because my NUC is not a laptop, did my utmost at BIOS settings, but have not succeeded to get past the Apple logo. Booting with -v gives error allocating... I seem to get stuck.

My J3455 processor is an Apollo Lake, not Kaby Lake. Is that a potential troublemaker?

I've been trying to make it work on my J3455-ITX too. So far didn't get any result. Still stuck at the alloc error.

I tried the config-hd510.plist aswell, But Im still getting the error. If anyone has any suggestions it would be very appreciated.

I have studied your links, many seem difficult to apply because my NUC is not a laptop, did my utmost at BIOS settings, but have not succeeded to get past the Apple logo. Booting with -v gives error allocating... I seem to get stuck.

My J3455 processor is an Apollo Lake, not Kaby Lake. Is that a potential troublemaker?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
It took me some time to respond. I made my original Sierra install USB with UniBeast 7.1.1. In stead of reporting on the original version, I decided to follow your laptop install instructions to the letter. This resulted in a new Sierra install USB.

After booting my NUC, I could choose the USB. When I chose the USB, however, no Clover boot menu showed, the screen remained black. (The Clover boot menu did show on my "old" Hackintosh.) EFI/Clover (minus Themes) of my USB is attached.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
It took me some time to respond. I made my original Sierra install USB with UniBeast 7.1.1. In stead of reporting on the original version, I decided to follow your laptop install instructions to the letter. This resulted in a new Sierra install USB.

After booting my NUC, I could choose the USB. When I chose the USB, however, no Clover boot menu showed, the screen remained black. (The Clover boot menu did show on my "old" Hackintosh.) EFI/Clover (minus Themes) of my USB is attached.

Are you booting in UEFI mode? Disable legacy boot to be certain.

Thanks. Legacy boot was disabled, I am booting in UEFI mode. See attached BIOS screenshot.

BTW:
- My NUC has 1 USB 2 port and 3 USB 3's. I tested all of them.
- My NUC has HDMI and VGA. I tested both.
- My NUC has a "Legacy USB option". I tested unchecked and checked.

Attachments

• Boot.png
    3 MB · Views: 275
Are you booting in UEFI mode? Disable legacy boot to be certain.
(Sorry for the double entry. I wanted to make sure, that you received my Reply.)

Thanks. Legacy boot was disabled, I am booting in UEFI mode. See attached BIOS screenshot.

BTW:

Attachments

• Boot.png
    3 MB · Views: 217
(Sorry for the double entry. I wanted to make sure, that you received my Reply.)

BTW:

Legacy USB has nothing to do with legacy boot.
Check that you have secure boot disabled.
See my NUC guide(s) for a rundown of BIOS settings.

Legacy USB has nothing to do with legacy boot.
Check that you have secure boot disabled.
See my NUC guide(s) for a rundown of BIOS settings.
(Thanks, but I am aware that Legacy USB has nothing to do with legacy boot.)

I had all my BIOS settings correct, but did the BIOS settings as you described in:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-clover-uefi-nuc6i5syk-nuc6i7kyk-etc.207848/

Same result: the UEFI-USB showed after F10. The screen remained black after booting the USB.

Same result: the UEFI-USB showed after F10. The screen remained black after booting the USB.

No further ideas for you.
I suspect a BIOS configuration issue, or an issue with the way you created the USB or the USB itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back