Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok so I have all the parts I need now, however the EVGA graphics card I need is currently sold out at both Micro Centers by me. There is a PNY
GeForce9800 GT EE 1024 MB GDDR3 Pci express card here for $89 would that work with all of this hardware I just bought - Gigabyte P55A-UD3 board and intel i3-540 LGA-1156. I was told all of that works together.

Anthonyx82x said:
Ok so I have all the parts I need now, however the EVGA graphics card I need is currently sold out at both Micro Centers by me. There is a PNY
GeForce9800 GT EE 1024 MB GDDR3 Pci express card here for $89 would that work with all of this hardware I just bought - Gigabyte P55A-UD3 board and intel i3-540 LGA-1156. I was told all of that works together.
I have the 512MB version of that card and it worked OOB.

MacMan said:
Anthonyx82x said:
I have the 512MB version of that card and it worked OOB.

Awesome man. You've been a great help. I'm currently at micro center now lol

So I'm picking up the Pny Geforce 9800 1024 card now and a new power supply next is finding a cheap case I can hack the back off and take the motherboard tray out of. For my Power Mac G5 tower. That's the project I'm in store for when I get home. Any other suggestions on parts or anything while I'm here? I'm also picking up a LG Sata DVD burner for $17.99

Anthonyx82x said:
So I'm picking up the Pny Geforce 9800 1024 card now and a new power supply next is finding a cheap case I can hack the back off and take the motherboard tray out of. For my Power Mac G5 tower. That's the project I'm in store for when I get home. Any other suggestions on parts or anything while I'm here? I'm also picking up a LG Sata DVD burner for $17.99
The LG is cheap but will prevent auto-sleep from working. Pick up a Sony or Pioneer instead.

FYI, they have a good deal on an OCZ 600W PSU.

MacMan said:
Anthonyx82x said:
The LG is cheap but will prevent auto-sleep from working. Pick up a Sony or Pioneer instead.

FYI, they have a good deal on an OCZ 600W PSU.

You're a lifesaver I picked up the Sony AD7260S-ob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back