Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all, my nvidia 8800gts died last week so I ran out and bought the pny 560 ti because I thought it was supported. I edited the nvdagf100hal kext to include 0x120010de&0xffc0ffff and when I boot verbose it hangs at pciconfig begin. I changed 0xffc0ffff to 0xffe0ffff and still hangs. Using pcirootuid I made it =1 and 0 but still no luck. If I boot with npci=0x2000 I can get to GUI but the resolution stays at 1024 and system profiler only shows 3mb of video ram.. For my boot.plist I've used graphicsenabler=yes and an empty graphics mode. I'm running out of ideas to get this card working and am thinking about returning it. Has anybody gotten this pny card to work with full acceleration??

ok i finally got it working. i downloaded aty_init and installed. no need for npci or pcirootuid to boot. system profiler sees everything correct and qe/ci support.

now I'm left wondering is there any way to make this work without aty_init? maybe 10.7.2 will have some 5xx support and i won't need this extra kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back