Graphics
Sapphire Radeon 7970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I want to convert my Win 8 computer to a Hackintosh. I am following the excellent guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...de-os-x-10-8-5-onto-haswell-msi-z87m-g43.html by Neilhart. I am stuck at the part where I patch my BIOS.

I have downloaded and unzipped PMPatch 0.5.14 and the same BIOS Neilhart used. They are in the same directory, and I have pathed there in the administrator command prompt window. The command pmpatch is not recognized by the system, according to the error message. So I tried simply executing the file by a double click. I get a message about blocking an unsafe app, and then it gives me an option to run it just this once. The command prompt obviously does not give me this option. Where is the Linux flag to "Shut the heck up and just do what I say" when I need it?

Any advice on getting around this? It looks like I will need this patch to get it to boot at all. Can I do the OS X version of the patch from the UniBeast USB stick?

EDIT: Never mind, got it working.

EDIT: The system won't boot unless I use the Thumbdrive. I get boot error messages. Also the Chimera seems to not be compatible with my Radeon 7970. Is there a different boot loader that is compatible, or can I make the system work without a boot loader?

EDIT: The system won't boot unless I use the Thumbdrive. I get boot error messages. Also the Chimera seems to not be compatible with my Radeon 7970. Is there a different boot loader that is compatible, or can I make the system work without a boot loader?
Seems the newer gfx cards want to be booted EFI instead of legacy. For the 7970 and OS X, seems the way to get it working it to mount the EFI partition and move the boot file from the root (use show all files if you don't see it) that MultiBeast installs with Chimera and the /Extra to the EFI partition. Then make the EFI partition active.

See http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

I wish to report success. I had to use the boot0 fix and put the bootloader in the EFI section, per the instructions elsewhere in this forum. As previously mentioned, MSI Z87M-G43 mobo, Toshiba 1tb drive, Intel 4670 i5.

I have a functioning Mavericks system. Sound, ethernet, everything except wifi works. I connected to my Time Capsule and migrated my old data. Yea, even my Radeon 7970 is working. I need to check to see if I am getting USB 3 speeds.

I can play WoW on ultra settings!

Oh, and I thought it would be worth pointing out that I have 10.9.1 successfully installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back