Contribute
Register

Pls help,Some problems after installed El capitan on W530,thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Thinkpad W530 2441A43
CPU
i7-3610QM
Graphics
Intel HD4000/NVIDIA Quadro K1000M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I just installed El capitan on my W530 a few days ago.I only patched battery status,boot screen garble and ACPIbacklight(but keep GPU name unchanged) without any system fixes in DSDT.I stuck in some problems,like:
1,brightness setting lost after reboot.I read some posts and reinstall Clover with EmuNVRAM+scripts,but it does not work.
2,shutdown but system will repower.I patched DSDT using shutdown-v2 in RehabMan's repo,system could powered off but when I powered on next time,system will halt before Clover bootloader screen.Need to unplug AC power.
3,cannot find GFX0 when rename HD4000 in DSDT/SSDT.I tried to rename it by VID/AGP patch,but there were 4 errors with code
4065,Object not found or accessible from scope(^^^PEG.VID)
4064,Object not find(\_SB.PCI0.PEG.VID)
My DSDT/SSDT are here.Can anyone give some idea or guides?Thanks a lot.View attachment SSDT-4.dslView attachment SSDT-3.dslView attachment SSDT-2.dslView attachment SSDT-1.dslView attachment SSDT.dslView attachment DSDT.dsl.zip

Hi,
I just installed El capitan on my W530 a few days ago.I only patched battery status,boot screen garble and ACPIbacklight(but keep GPU name unchanged) without any system fixes in DSDT.I stuck in some problems,like:
1,brightness setting lost after reboot.I read some posts and reinstall Clover with EmuNVRAM+scripts,but it does not work.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

2,shutdown but system will repower.I patched DSDT using shutdown-v2 in RehabMan's repo,system could powered off but when I powered on next time,system will halt before Clover bootloader screen.Need to unplug AC power.

Did you try HaltEnabler in config.plist? Details in Clover wiki.

3,cannot find GFX0 when rename HD4000 in DSDT/SSDT.I tried to rename it by VID/AGP patch,but there were 4 errors with code
4065,Object not found or accessible from scope(^^^PEG.VID)
4064,Object not find(\_SB.PCI0.PEG.VID)
My DSDT/SSDT are here.Can anyone give some idea or guides?Thanks a lot.View attachment 157739View attachment 157740View attachment 157741View attachment 157742View attachment 157743View attachment 157744

Use "Rename PCI0.VID to PCI0.IGPU". Fix the instances that the patch misses by hand (just click on each error and replace VID with IGPU at that line). For some of them, you'll notice a pattern and will be able to use global Find/Replace. You can't change all VID to IGPU because you also have a discrete VID that should not be renamed.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Use "Rename PCI0.VID to PCI0.IGPU". Fix the instances that the patch misses by hand (just click on each error and replace VID with IGPU at that line). For some of them, you'll notice a pattern and will be able to use global Find/Replace. You can't change all VID to IGPU because you also have a discrete VID that should not be renamed.

Thanks for your help,RehabMan.:thumbup:I will try them soon.Its really different when mitigate from windows to Mac OS.Its wholely new but Mac is well-designed for people using.I will keep learning.

Hi RehabMan,I fixed the 3rd problem by your guidance,thanks.But I am confused that shall I extract current system DSDT/SSDT everytime I make a patch?I mean,I extract original DSDT/SSDT before make any patch and then I make the 1st patch and put it into clover/ACPI/patched/DSDT.When I make the 2nd patch,I just use the DSDT in Clover/ACPI/patched to modify or I need extract system DSDT at that time and patch it? Sorry for my poor English,Thanks in advance.

Hi RehabMan,I fixed the 3rd problem by your guidance,thanks.But I am confused that shall I extract current system DSDT/SSDT everytime I make a patch?I mean,I extract original DSDT/SSDT before make any patch and then I make the 1st patch and put it into clover/ACPI/patched/DSDT.When I make the 2nd patch,I just use the DSDT in Clover/ACPI/patched to modify or I need extract system DSDT at that time and patch it? Sorry for my poor English,Thanks in advance.

There are several strategies for patching/adding patches as you go...

You can:
- create some scripts that patch from native to patched automatically (using patchmatic).
- save your patched *.dsl files along the way, so you can add additional patches
- disassemble your patched files in ACPI/patched (iasl -da -dl) and add additional patches (note: you must fix errors before applying additional patches, just as you did with native files)
- keep good notes so you can start from native and patch at any time...

There are several strategies for patching/adding patches as you go...

You can:
- create some scripts that patch from native to patched automatically (using patchmatic).
- save your patched *.dsl files along the way, so you can add additional patches
- disassemble your patched files in ACPI/patched (iasl -da -dl) and add additional patches (note: you must fix errors before applying additional patches, just as you did with native files)
- keep good notes so you can start from native and patch at any time...

Hi RehabMan,thanks for your advice.I am working on onboard audio realtek acl269(I saved info from windows),but DPCIManager cannot get Codec ID or Codec name.I have sereached some threads and there donot have any useful info.Would you please give me some advice to get the correct Codec ID or Name?thanks in advance.

DPCIManager-screen.jpg

Hi RehabMan,thanks for your advice.I am working on onboard audio realtek acl269(I saved info from windows),but DPCIManager cannot get Codec ID or Codec name.I have sereached some threads and there donot have any useful info.Would you please give me some advice to get the correct Codec ID or Name?thanks in advance.

View attachment 158695

You need to get a codec dump from Linux. It is the first step in any AppleHDA patching guide.

Info/links in FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

You need to get a codec dump from Linux. It is the first step in any AppleHDA patching guide.

Info/links in FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hi RehabMan,as you told me,I looked into the side-by-side guide<http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1946-complete-applehda-patching-guide/>,figured out codec-id,verbs,pathmaps,configdata from codec_dump,modified layout 28.xml & platforms.xml with pathmapId 269,and then patched DSDT with layout-id 28 & install patched AppleHDA.kext (I extracted it from install El capitan.app) into S\L\E,but after reboot,sound card still missing,however,DPCIManager can recognise the codec-id.After working for long time,I have no idea where goes wrong.Would you pls help me to check my patched files?Thanks in advance.

dpcimgr.jpg

Attachments

• DPCIManager-screen.jpg
    DPCIManager-screen.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 59
  • codec_dump.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 85
  • modified AppleHDA.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
  • DSDT.aml
    62.4 KB · Views: 73
Hi RehabMan,as you told me,I looked into the side-by-side guide<http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1946-complete-applehda-patching-guide/>,figured out codec-id,verbs,pathmaps,configdata from codec_dump,modified layout 28.xml & platforms.xml with pathmapId 269,and then patched DSDT with layout-id 28 & install patched AppleHDA.kext (I extracted it from install El capitan.app) into S\L\E,but after reboot,sound card still missing,however,DPCIManager can recognise the codec-id.After working for long time,I have no idea where goes wrong.Would you pls help me to check my patched files?Thanks in advance.

View attachment 159277

Try using one Mirone's files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back