Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys.

I am still on my first hack that I build this spring. I has been running since, but now it is not able to come past the grey apple logo screen. Just before entering the grey screen it writes:
EBIOS READ ERROR
0X00 (can't remember the rest....)

four times over. It has done this before but a reboot fixed the problem, but not this time around. My Lion install was running okay 2 days ago...

Hope anyone can help!?

BR,

Thor
Denmark

Re: PLS Help: Hack won't boot from HD - EBOIS read error

Check your Windows partition, maybe it's problem

Re: PLS Help: Hack won't boot from HD - EBOIS read error

I only have OS X 10.7.1 on it - no windows partition.

In BIOS, make your device boot order HD, HD, CD-DVD or remove the cd/dvd-rw totally from the device boot order and see if that fixes the problem.

Check your system BIOS to see that the drive access is set to AHCI rather than IDE. Sometimes CMOS is reset to factory defaults.

thampusbank said:
Hi guys.

I am still on my first hack that I build this spring. I has been running since, but now it is not able to come past the grey apple logo screen. Just before entering the grey screen it writes:
EBIOS READ ERROR
0X00 (can't remember the rest....)

four times over. It has done this before but a reboot fixed the problem, but not this time around. My Lion install was running okay 2 days ago...

Hope anyone can help!?

BR,

Thor
Denmark

Came across this when i was searching for a similar error. It turned out for me that the ebios read error came up because I was trying to use my install discs that came with my 2008 macbook to install snow leopard. Unfortunately, 2008 macbooks ship with 10.5.2, which, we all know, is Leopard, not Snow Leopard. When i switched to Snow Leopard disk, the problem went away.

I only include this to indicate that it seems like the Ebios read error can come from a variety of sources. In my case, all the hardware was working correctly, but I didn't have the right software on board. Check your disks people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back