Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS z270-A
CPU
intel i5 3.55 ghz
Graphics
evga gtx 1050
Hello, I have had a nice, perfectly working mavericks build working for over a year now with only a hiccough or two. The other day, the bootloader failed to load, so I did what I had done the last time this happened: use my bootloader usb to start it up in safe mode, reinstall the bootloader with multibeast, and everything works fine.

This time, when I try to load from the HD, I get Error: /boot1, and when I try to load from the usb I get "error parsing plist file" and "errors were found when starting the computer", and then it proceeds to take me to the grey loading screen and just sits there loading forever.

What have I done wrong, and how do I fix it? I can't seem to find any similar threads here, which usually means nobody has screwed up this bad before or else the problem is simple and is fixed in one of the stickies and I just can't find it. Any ideas? I at least need to get some of my files off of the HD before I totally wipe it and reinstall. Please Help!

Hello, I have had a nice, perfectly working mavericks build working for over a year now with only a hiccough or two. The other day, the bootloader failed to load, so I did what I had done the last time this happened: use my bootloader usb to start it up in safe mode, reinstall the bootloader with multibeast, and everything works fine.

This time, when I try to load from the HD, I get Error: /boot1, and when I try to load from the usb I get "error parsing plist file" and "errors were found when starting the computer", and then it proceeds to take me to the grey loading screen and just sits there loading forever.

What have I done wrong, and how do I fix it? I can't seem to find any similar threads here, which usually means nobody has screwed up this bad before or else the problem is simple and is fixed in one of the stickies and I just can't find it. Any ideas? I at least need to get some of my files off of the HD before I totally wipe it and reinstall. Please Help!
Try forcing cache rebuild - use boot-args

-v -x -f

Thank you for your reply. I tried the above and got this: IMG_20160130_135210713.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back