Contribute
Register

Please review my desired HW configuration (GA H270M + I5...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA H270M DS3D; new: TUF 390
CPU
I5 7400; new: I9 9900
Graphics
CPU graphics
Hello everyone,

I'm just about to setup my first Hackintosh and since I did not find my specific HW combination here, I would like to hear your advises, doubts, hints or any other recommendations.

The configuration I am looking for is a trade-off between budget and performance. I would like to use it mainly for photo editing and music composing. My current iMac late 2009 is just too slow due to HDD, USB 2.0 etc.

Here is my current idea (~1kEUR / ~1,2kUSD with 4K LG 27UD58 display):
  • Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-H270M-DS3H (afaik 4k requires display port)
  • SSD: Samsung MZ-75E500B/EU 850 EVO (I actually wanted to use an M.2 Evo 960 but the necessary configurations found here seem kinda complex and speed increase seems neglectable for my purposes)
  • CPU: Intel I5 BX80677I57400 Quad-Core Kaby Lake
  • RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB
  • Power Supply: Thermaltake Hamburg 530W
  • Case: Corsair CC-9011075-WW Carbide Series 100R Mid-Tower ATX
What do you think? Are there any complex tweaks I may approach?

Cheers,
Phil

Hello everyone,

I'm just about to setup my first Hackintosh and since I did not find my specific HW combination here, I would like to hear your advises, doubts, hints or any other recommendations.

The configuration I am looking for is a trade-off between budget and performance. I would like to use it mainly for photo editing and music composing. My current iMac late 2009 is just too slow due to HDD, USB 2.0 etc.

Here is my current idea (~1kEUR / ~1,2kUSD with 4K LG 27UD58 display):
  • Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-H270M-DS3H (afaik 4k requires display port)
  • SSD: Samsung MZ-75E500B/EU 850 EVO (I actually wanted to use an M.2 Evo 960 but the necessary configurations found here seem kinda complex and speed increase seems neglectable for my purposes)
  • CPU: Intel I5 BX80677I57400 Quad-Core Kaby Lake
  • RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB
  • Power Supply: Thermaltake Hamburg 530W
  • Case: Corsair CC-9011075-WW Carbide Series 100R Mid-Tower ATX
What do you think? Are there any complex tweaks I may approach?

Cheers,
Phil

No graphics card? Are you going to use CPU graphics?

Otherwise I think it should work.

Thanks for your response.

Yes I intend to use CPU graphics - should be enough for my purposes. You think this may result in any problems?

Thanks for the notice!

Well, I hope I get this done - no idea how hard it will be. I got the HW in the meantime - just waiting for the RAM to arrive (probably next Wednesday).

I'll keep you updated.

Just in case I have troubles with the CPU graphics, what very basic GPU would recommend?

Cheers,
Phil

Alright got everything to work - no need to do anything specific for CPU graphics. I got 4K 60Hz from DP.

The only left thing to do is get the USB 3.0 to work but there are many posts I have to look at first...

That was quick! The very recent Multibeast 9.2.1 just fixed exactly my issue (200 series USB 3.0). I'm incredibly grateful! No work at all and an awesome working system! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back