Contribute
Register

Please reply even if you think your answer won't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asus p8-p67 pro
CPU
i7-2600k
Graphics
Nvidia gtx 460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had a working mackintosh for a few days but wanted Bluetooth so installed andys p8p67 pro package and now it won't boot in normal mode the error is "acpi smc platform plugin" and in safe mode it docent even get past the bold text and stops when it mentions FireWire.

The reason for the title is that I made a topic the other day,18 people viewed it and not one replied, I think that there should be more topics on one page so people can see more or a point system for helping people as that would encourage people to help. Or maybe on the front page there should be a topic from each group.

Sorry if you got offended by my "rant" but I think that users that experience this do get frustrated, also I just spent 30mins trying to get Internet on my phone.

Thanks for ANY replies in advanced.

abaabaabaaba4 said:
I had a working mackintosh for a few days but wanted Bluetooth so installed andys p8p67 pro package and now it won't boot in normal mode the error is "acpi smc platform plugin" and in safe mode it docent even get past the bold text and stops when it mentions FireWire.

The reason for the title is that I made a topic the other day,18 people viewed it and not one replied, I think that there should be more topics on one page so people can see more or a point system for helping people as that would encourage people to help. Or maybe on the front page there should be a topic from each group.

Sorry if you got offended by my "rant" but I think that users that experience this do get frustrated, also I just spent 30mins trying to get Internet on my phone.

Thanks for ANY replies in advanced.
I think you are being a little hard on people as often they are looking for answers for their own problems. If they don't know, they don't want to spend the time.
Any way I am not familiar with andys p867 pro package, so I cannot tell you how to get out of it. I would recommend a clone before ever making changes to your working system.
Superduper or CCC work well.
I am using a Rocketfish Rf-Mrbtad USB bluetooth adapter. Works with no software or kext changes. :think:

Thanks for replying, regarding the title, it was 3 am when I wrote this and my head wanted to go to sleep and my body wanted to stay awake or vies versatile and at the time I just wanted a bit of help but again sorry if it appeared rude.

About cloning the drive, when I installed mac osx I only had a 1tb drive sitting around and it was meant to be for a raid setup but I thought it's better to get two of the same drives for raid so I used it. The reason I'm saying this is because all my games are on windows so I use a 1tb for that but in mac osx I have no need for 1tb so could I partition the drive and clone it that way instead of either buying another 1tb drive or 2 500gb drives?

Also I'm fine with reinstalling s I don't have much date so can injustice plug in my windows drive boot of that then copy stuff to there then put it back after the install? The stuff is a download or two, three applications and chrome bookmarks.

Afaik the very cheap "three dollar" BT adapters do have issues.
Frequency hopping or something similar is unsupported.
Many affordable adapters work with OSX natively, like my EDIMAX EB-DGC1
You will have to restart your Hacki after plugging in, to let the system know its there. ;)

abaabaabaaba4 said:
Thanks for replying, regarding the title, it was 3 am when I wrote this and my head wanted to go to sleep and my body wanted to stay awake or vies versatile and at the time I just wanted a bit of help but again sorry if it appeared rude.

About cloning the drive, when I installed mac osx I only had a 1tb drive sitting around and it was meant to be for a raid setup but I thought it's better to get two of the same drives for raid so I used it. The reason I'm saying this is because all my games are on windows so I use a 1tb for that but in mac osx I have no need for 1tb so could I partition the drive and clone it that way instead of either buying another 1tb drive or 2 500gb drives?

Also I'm fine with reinstalling s I don't have much date so can injustice plug in my windows drive boot of that then copy stuff to there then put it back after the install? The stuff is a download or two, three applications and chrome bookmarks.

The only issue with partitioning a single drive is the stability of either operating system could affect the other. There are a number of links with users doing both. Separate disks or one partitioned. Just backup religiously. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back