Graphics
Ati
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
photo.jpgI get a panic after installing Chimera v1.11.1 com.apple.driver.ApplePolicyControl (3.4.5) ....

Here was my process....

2 days ago I purchased and downloaded ML from the app store.

Made a bootable USB with Unibeast 3.0.1

Had trouble getting the USB drive to boot. With research I found out that I needed to backup then delete the ATI6000Controller.kext from the USB.
After doing this, I successfully booted from the USB using "GraphicsEnabler=No" and "-x" and successfully installed ML on my SSD

Next I successfully booted onto ML on the SSD through the USB drive.

Replaced the ATI6000Controller.kext on the SSD using KextBeast 2 then restarted computer.

Successfully booted onto ML on SSD through USB again. Resolution was now correct and both displays were working.

Next I ran MultiBeast 3.0.1, selected "User DSDT.." "Chimera v1.11.1 r1394" "GraphicsEnabler=No" from Boot Options, and "MacPro 4,1" from System Definitions.

Rebooted and attempted to boot straight to SSD but thats when an error occured right at the Apple Logo. Tried -x -v -s all kinds and it wouldn't let me in.

Re installed everything again. Followed same process. Only difference was that, THIS TIME, I ONLY installed Chimera v1.11.1 from Multibeast.

Still gave me the same problem.
Please help.

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2x Mini DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card GV-R687OC-1GD

Corsair Vengeance Blu 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

Intel Core i5-2500 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor

Corsair Enthusiast Series 750-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply Compatible with Intel Core i3, i5, i7 and AMD platforms - CMPSU-750TXV2

Everything in your KP says graphics to me. Did you repair permissions after restoring the ATI kexts to S/L/E?

Everything in your KP says graphics to me. Did you repair permissions after restoring the ATI kexts to S/L/E?

I did.

So I repeated the same process again. THIS TIME after ML was successfully installed and the ATI kext was replaced. I successfully booted onto the SSD BEFORE running Multibeast.

Everything seemed to be working properly AS IS. THEN I attempted to install Multibeast. Selected User DSDT, Boot Options Graphics Enabler=No, THATS IT.

KP Again
after reboot.

So....seems the SSD works a lot better BEFORE using Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back