Contribute
Register

Please Help!!! Trying to install ML 10.8 for the 1st time stuck on Apple Logo screen with no spinnin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
NZXT Phantom 410 Chassis, OS X 10.8.3, Asus X79 sabertooth LGA 2011
CPU
I7-3930k 4.8Ghz
Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm having trouble installing ML 10.8 for the first time I followed the steps accurately to creat a bootable flash drive using unibeast and ML downloaded from the App Store but I'm getting stuck on the white apple logo screen with no spinning wheel. I tried boot flags -x -v -f PCIRootUID=0 and even GraphicsEnabler=No can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong could it be my bios setting Please Help!!!!! I'm using the same parts as Yo Mangs: asus x79 sabertooth mobo, i7 3930k CPU, gigabyte GeForce gtx 670 GPU, 16gb ram, and a OCZ vertex 4 128gb SSD

Any help would be greatly appreciated as you can all see a lot of money was put into these parts and I would just like to get it up an running. I'm a student in video editing and this build would really help my work and progress with special effects and hopefully i can submit my build in the "Golden Builds" forum. Thank you again for your time

boot with -v and take a picture of where the screen stops and post it then we might be able to give you some information on the problem

boot with -v and take a picture of where the screen stops and post it then we might be able to give you some information on the problem
I hav tried that along with trying -x -f PCIRootUID=0 and even GraphicsEnabler=No. I don't have a picture at the moment but the MSG I'm getting is "PCI Configuration Begin" and it just sits there

boot with -v npci=0x3000 and take a picture

boot with -v npci=0x3000 and take a picture
I booted with -v npci=0x3000 and got this. After I took the pic it started saying "still waiting for root device" over and over again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 262
Try a different USB port don't use the front ones also boot with npci=0x3000 -v again and see if it works

Try a different USB port don't use the front ones also boot with npci=0x3000 -v again and see if it works
Wow thank you so much I really appreciate it I can't believe something so simple worked! I'm installing now to my ssd but have to be at work before its finishes so hopefully everything goes smoothly. Ill reply with a post as soon as I get home updating you on my status. Thank you again!!!

I have run into another issue now when I try to boot from my ssd after the install finishes I get the same issue "stuck at logo screen " I tried booting with the same msg u suggested but now I get this message

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 296
No I'm using the unibeast method with mountain lion 10.8 I was able to setup my setting to start using the Mac dashboard but now it seems to be lagging

Ok this time boot with -x -v and see if the system speeds up at all when you get to the desktop. If you can't get to the desktop then take a picture of where the verbose boot stops at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back