CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
HD 7770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After my Apple Music subscription wasn't paid my music collection in the Music app stopped showing even after paying for the new month.

I updated my High Sierra to Monterey and just tried to open my iTunes Library in the updated OS but instead, the Music app created a new blank music library.

On my backup drive with High Sierra, I still have the iTunes library that was connected to Apple Music when it was working and the Apple Music subscription was paid.

If I start up the system from that backup drive with High Sierra, and open iTunes, the Apple Music option is enabled in the preferences, but if I try to sync it shows me the following message, but there is no Turn Off Genius option in the Library tab as shown in the error message, only "Update Genius", but clicking this option instead makes the same error message appear again.

- I have access to Apple Music content via the Browse button (since the subscription is paid again).
- Apple suggested I use 3 months of trial though I have already used the trial with the same Apple ID before.
- iOS devices do not display my old content from Apple Music as well

Any ideas on how can I recover my Apple Music library since I'm using the subscription again? I had uploaded many gigabytes of non-Apple Music content because I thought it would be there if I continue paying the subscription in the future, but this is unfair to Apple's side because I didn't want to stop payment, but the sanctions made difficulties with payment for my subscription.

Thank you so much for any help!

Attachments

• Update_Apple_Music_error.png
    Update_Apple_Music_error.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Does anybody know any way to retrieve at least info about playlists, artists, and albums that were in the iTunes Library connected from Apple Music? They might be stored there in some text format, that will be enough if there are no chances to recover the whole info. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back