Contribute
Register

Please Help! Stuck at grey screen after Mountain Lion installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an very similar build (listed below) and problem. My computer was getting stuck at the Grey Apple Screen prior to install. This is my first OSx86 install. I did the following, which worked for me and allowed full ML and Multibeast install.

Change Init Display First in BIOS to IGFX (designating Internal Graphics on bootup)
Remove your Nvidia card from PCI.
Boot up using motherboard internal graphics hookup for your monitor.
F12 select your USB Drive
At Chimera type in "PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No" (all on same line) and then enter

This allowed me to do a full ML install and Multibeast install using the internal graphics. I haven't tried to re-install the GTC 670 yet, but I will work on that and post my update.

Build:
Gigabyte GA-Z77N
i7-3770k Ivy Bridge
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 (removed for install)
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless PCI Card (installed in place of GTX so I could get wireless for Multibeast install)

Having the same problem... seem to be GTX670 related, been on two motherboards now and the problem keep appearing.

Did you get it working?

Tried the advices suggested, no go :beachball:

Can load with -x option, but only from USB drive.

GraphicsEnabler=NO doesn't work :(

yes after apple stats to load for me the screen goes black help me fix this thanks i am trying every thing

Thank you so much EdWoodster from another helpless soul stuck in the apple logo! I appreciate the work done here. Greetings from Guatemala.

I have an very similar build (listed below) and problem. My computer was getting stuck at the Grey Apple Screen prior to install. This is my first OSx86 install. I did the following, which worked for me and allowed full ML and Multibeast install.

Change Init Display First in BIOS to IGFX (designating Internal Graphics on bootup)
Remove your Nvidia card from PCI.
Boot up using motherboard internal graphics hookup for your monitor.
F12 select your USB Drive
At Chimera type in "PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No" (all on same line) and then enter

This allowed me to do a full ML install and Multibeast install using the internal graphics. I haven't tried to re-install the GTC 670 yet, but I will work on that and post my update.

Build:
Gigabyte GA-Z77N
i7-3770k Ivy Bridge
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 (removed for install)
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless PCI Card (installed in place of GTX so I could get wireless for Multibeast install)

I had the same problem. just followed your instructions and got solved. Thanks!

hi can you tell me what chimera is? do i have to install it?
im also stuck on grey screen but i dont know where to type the things you are saying to type

can you tell me ?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back