Contribute
Register

Please Help! Still can't get to the installer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello to everyone! I'm new here!=P
I've build a new machine with this specs:

Case
Corsair Graphite 380T Case Mini
MOBO
Asus z97i-PLUS
CPU
Intel BX80646I74770K Boxed Intel Core i7-4770K
CPU Cooler
Corsair CW-9060009-WW Hydro Series H100I
RAM
Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance 16GB
GPU
ASUS STRIX - GeForce GTX 970
SSD (Boot Windows)
Kingston 120GB
HDD (Data)
Western Digital 2TB
SDD(BOOT OSX)
Kingston 60GB
PSU
Corsair RM750 750 Watt

I'm tryng to install Yosemite 10.10.2 but i can't get to the installer(i've tried with unibeast and with clover, with many bootflags). For the UEFI/BIOS settings i followed this guide (this guy has a very similar configuration as mine).

All i get so far is a kernel panic before the installer :
IMG_20150203_231204.jpg
How can i fix these? i've tried many bootflags (cpus=1, GraphicsEnabler=No, -x, -v, -f, -F, maxmem= 8192 etc...).
Please help me to get to the installer!(so i can deal with the post installation pronlems!XD)
Thank you in advance!
MRP

Update. I've tried to remove the graphic card. Still i can't get to the installer -.-" Someone can help?

Come on guys, seriously. nobody answers?? I'm stuck and nobody helps?=(

Boot flags to try which helped me with a Nvidia GPU:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes
NV_Disable=1 (just for the install until you are able to get the Nvidia web drivers installed at the end, then you can remove it).

For Yosemite, you also need the Kext-Dev-Mode=1 flag (which I believe you have?).

I have managed this on an older Asus motherboard (P7P55D) and my newest recent build of an Asus Z97-A. You really do not need many boot flags.

I know it may be frustrating, but keep at it. I usually start with basic setup, then introduce one boot flag at a time with the different values. Good Luck! :)

Which monitor connector are you using. I had problems like this with VGA. What kind of USB are you using, did you tried changing usb ports.
I had a problems with the installer it turned out to be some crappy USB with some extra security partition which i couldn't remove.

I've solved. I changed the usb pendrive, and downloaded the new version of Unibeast. I will post a new topic of my build. The bootflags that worked form where -x nv_disable=1 =) Thank to everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back