Contribute
Register

Please Help Second nvidia 780 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing doing. I tried each of the three variables you suggested. putting the SSDT in the extras file, adding the line in the plist, and then taking the SSDT out and leaving the line in the plist. All three tests were negative...

Okay, I'll see if I can figure something else out.

Have you tried graphics enabler? It's worth a shot I think.

I took that same SSDT and added a little more info to it. I also made a different one that uses a slightly different method. Try both. When you try the second one make sure you rename it from SSDT-5_2.aml to SSDT-5.aml.

Attachments

• SSDT-5_780SLI_V2.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 64
Graphics enabler makes the second card visible, as in it no longer says display, but has all the Invidia info, however, connecting a monitor to it doesn't work. I will try graphics enabler yes and try your fixes. Hope it works. thanks so much for the help thus far.

This is what I get with DropDSST=yes (which as I understand it needs to be in the plist for chimera to load the aml file) graphics enabler yes and the aml file in extras. (see picture). The card highlighted is the card giving me issues. I have gotten it "recognized" before with just graphics enabler=yes. However, the second monitor is still black. I am using an HDMI cable, I don't know if that complicates things.

I don't believe the aml file is doing its job and/or working. I am putting it in the place you told me (see above post) but I have no way of knowing 100% that it is active.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 4.52.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 4.52.34 PM.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 77
This is what I get with DropDSST=yes (which as I understand it needs to be in the plist for chimera to load the aml file) graphics enabler yes and the aml file in extras. (see picture). The card highlighted is the card giving me issues. I have gotten it "recognized" before with just graphics enabler=yes. However, the second monitor is still black. I am using an HDMI cable, I don't know if that complicates things.

I don't believe the aml file is doing its job and/or working. I am putting it in the place you told me (see above post) but I have no way of knowing 100% that it is active.
Have you checked to see if both cards are being used even if the second one isn't outputting a picture? Can you connect all monitors to one card?

If the SSDTs still aren't working I'm not really sure what else could be done, I am by no means an expert on this.

But see if you can check if both cards are being used at least even if the second one isn't putting out a picture. What SMBios are you using? That can also make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back