Contribute
Register

Please Help Second nvidia 780 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is important or not but that DSDT is the one from my current operating parameters. I.e. without graphicsenabler=yes, which enables the second card to show up in the system profiler as an Nvidia card rather than display. If there is would be any difference between the two DSDTs let me know and I will reconfigure my system and send you the new file.

sorry just saw that you wanted this too.

Actually, I wasn't very clear about this, what I needed was all your ACPI tables. You can get this by going to File>Export Tableset in MaciASL.

Also i would be helpful to get your an IOReg or IOJones dump - Ideally you should give me:
-Dump with both cards connected
-Dump with only second card connected (assuming it works this way)

Here is what you asked for I hope. I have the files for mavericks with both cards working and on Yosemite with only one card working.

Attachments

• Mavericks both cards work.ioreg
    3.4 MB · Views: 83
  • Mavericks both cards work.acpi
    66.2 KB · Views: 72
  • yosemite one card.ioreg
    3.5 MB · Views: 84
  • yosemite one card working.acpi
    66.2 KB · Views: 93
Here is what you asked for I hope. I have the files for mavericks with both cards working and on Yosemite with only one card working.

Try this SSDT. Make sure you leave it named SSDT-5.aml.

Something slightly odd that I noticed (although not that unusual) - all of the graphics stuff is in its own SSDT, both discrete and integrated. If the SSDT doesn't work, try using DropSSDT=Yes in your org.chameleon.boot.plist. If that still doesn't work, try using DropSSDT=Yes and then removing the SSDT-5.aml.

Attachments

• SSDT-5_780SLI.zip
    442 bytes · Views: 64
You put it in your /Extra folder, that's it. It should be loaded automatically after you do that. To remove it just delete it or move it somewhere else.

Nothing doing. I tried each of the three variables you suggested. putting the SSDT in the extras file, adding the line in the plist, and then taking the SSDT out and leaving the line in the plist. All three tests were negative...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 9.40.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 9.40.14 AM.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 9.44.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 9.44.28 AM.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back