CPU
X5650
Graphics
HD 7970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been trying many different things over the last several days. Still having random reboots. Before I try a reinstallation (and fail also probably), any ideas as to why? Thank you very much. (seems I can't use the script to generate troubleshooting files, since I have a legacy system?).
Thank you very much.

Should I reset PRAM, VRAM?
Update FakeSMC and plugins?
Use Onyx and run most of all the scripts?

Attachments

• Troubleshoot.zip
    11.1 MB · Views: 61
I have been testing for a while now. The only crash logs I get is concerning CoreAudio at the same time as the reboot (seems like at every reboot, not sure). How can I fix this to get rid of the reboots, and any idea why this is occurring (before I spend a day doing a reinstall). Thank you for your help.

In my research, seems like others (including Mac users) have this. I read might be hdmi sound? I am going to remove all clover patches. Any other spots I need to change?

Attachments

• coreaudiod_2018-10-29-124612_Mac-Pro.txt
    63.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
I have been testing for a while now. The only crash logs I get is concerning CoreAudio at the same time as the reboot (seems like at every reboot, not sure). How can I fix this to get rid of the reboots, and any idea why this is occurring (before I spend a day doing a reinstall). Thank you for your help.

In my research, seems like others (including Mac users) have this. I read might be hdmi sound? I am going to remove all clover patches. Any other spots I need to change?

I was having random crashes, just like in High Sierra, until I added the ICH10 patch, like I did in High Sierra, random crashes and reboots not happening anymore.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/random-freeze-hdd-led-on.238412/

I will try that, thank you. Although my problem is not freezing, my computer will spontaneously reboot. Usually when using a web browser. The crash log about audio is the only one I get.

I tried the patches and then had a reboot :(
Same crash report concerning core audio. Do I need to update AppleALC? In my config do I need to change audio layout used, darkwake? How do I reset/remove all fixes (I have no clover patches)? For my nvme m.2 drive do I need to still have the clover trim enabler patch?
Running out of ideas, I did not have this issue in high Sierra. Grrrrrr.

Ok. About to give up here. I have been testing for many days, many different tries - still reboots. It seems to happen way more often when Firefox is open, or has been open and my free memory drops down below 1.00GB free. Nothing in any log indicates what happen, my machine just reboots. Please help me. I cannot get the troubleshooting files, because I have a X58 legacy board and do not run UEFI.
Anyone have any idea, before I take the day long step of a reinstall?

Ok. About to give up here. I have been testing for many days, many different tries - still reboots. It seems to happen way more often when Firefox is open, or has been open and my free memory drops down below 1.00GB free. Nothing in any log indicates what happen, my machine just reboots. Please help me. I cannot get the troubleshooting files, because I have a X58 legacy board and do not run UEFI.

hi there!

Same board here. Also using X5650.

Are you monitoring your temperatures? I was having reboot issues and realized (after a long time) that my CPU was overheating. I bought a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 vo heatsink and it fixed the problem.

I was hoping I might ask YOU a few questions about your build actually. On another thread I saw your geekbench scores FAR surpassing mine despite having the same build and I'm wondering what's up.

My temperatures are all normal, do not overheat. Still have random reboots. Have run many test (Ultimate Boot CD) Memtest for 48 hours, stress tests - no reboots when I run those. Just when I am in Mojave. I will give you my files for inspection, can you give me yours? Terminal output, EFI folder compressed and system info? Thank you. Might have to do a (very long time consuming) reinstall. Trying to run down as many possible causes before then.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 58
  • Archive.zip
    366.4 KB · Views: 49
My temperatures are all normal, do not overheat. Still have random reboots. Have run many test (Ultimate Boot CD) Memtest for 48 hours, stress tests - no reboots when I run those. Just when I am in Mojave. I will give you my files for inspection, can you give me yours? Terminal output, EFI folder compressed and system info? Thank you. Might have to do a (very long time consuming) reinstall. Trying to run down as many possible causes before then.

I might be blind but couldn't find the crash report in your logs. Are you getting the crash report after you reboot?

I have something similar happening, I already reinstalled and everything and keeps happening. On my end, it is completely related to USB Audio. It happens when I have audio calls through my usb headset and the crash is on the USB Audio kexts.
I also notice cracking on usb audio sometimes, and there's these coreaudio errors every time there's a crack.

I am currently trying to use the computer without AppleALC, so I have no normal audio, just the USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back