Contribute
Register

PLEASE HELP! PROBLEMS INSTALLING HIGH SIERRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes also have done el c to Sierra on real Mac previously and it worked. Have setup latest clover and fakesmc on drive and it will boot into clover but when select high Sierra loading gets stuck. Have also tried clover boot from usb same result. I'll do a -v and post where it stops someone may be able to shed some light from that.

Ok. Let's see if together we get some good results.

Un my case, after the whole night working, it is now like this (if you cannot appreciate it well, they are not white lines but the spinning multicolor circle):

By the way, this only happens with the VGA screen. If I turn on the HDMI one, both become black (and after a while with the HDMI off, VGA shows that again)

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_4696.JPG
    IMG_4696.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 128
Did you delete the Nvidia drivers? In Terminal or single user mode (-s) or however you can access the machine, go to /System/Library/Extensions and delete all GeForce*.kext and NVDA*.kext. Reboot - don't set nv_disable=1, and nvidiaweb shouldn't matter (don't set nvda-drv or inject Nvidia). Best to force a manual rebuild of kextcache. SIP should be disabled.

Attach one monitor to a digital out of your Nvidia GPU (I avoid HDMI but others say it is the only one the works so try each one) (do not use VGA).

In BIOS set Nvidia/PEG or whatever it is to primary. IGPU can be anything.

Can you get to desktop with VESA low res graphics?

Sorry for the delay in answering.

After many times trying (with VESA low resolution graphics) with no success, I've decided to stop trying to install High Sierra and will wait until a more stable version becomes available.

Also, I want to have the new DiskWarrior version, capable of managing AFPS disks, just in case.

So, thank you for your help anyways!

Best regards!

After being outside for a while, I finally recall this issue.

I was about to ask for help a new time, but this time I will try your solution first and then tell you the results.

Hopefully it will work.

Thanks in advance!

@lordxiniog, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@lordxiniog, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.

I've just done it.

However, I will expose that info:
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA Z77X-UP4 TH
- Processor: Intel Core i7 3770
- Graphic card: GForce GTX 650 Ti.

Thanks again and have a happy new year!

Please, help!!:shh:

Hi! Is anyone there????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back