Contribute
Register

Please help! Problem with installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PooyaNabei said:
I'm so so sorry for bombarding you with all these posts,
when I go to networks, it tells me that "Ethernet is not plugged in or the device at the other end is not responding." but it does work, I checked the cable with my macbookpro and I get connection... just thought it'd help.

THANKS SO MUCH

Hmm, not sure about the network. I have the p55a-ud4p, not ud3, so I can't say for sure what you need. I use the Realtek ethernet driver in multibeast and it works fine for me, but if that doesn't work for you, you may have one of the chips that isn't currently supported. In that case, you'll just have to pick up a PCIe network adapter. Good thing is: they're pretty cheap.

Other things to check: make sure you're using the "System Utilities" option whenever you use multiBeast, add kexts, delete kexts, etc. This rebuilds the cache and ensures that you are actually using the newly added kexts. Also, reboot. It never hurts to reboot after installing any kexts, and many (most? all?) require it.

Finally, be sure you're on the newest BIOS and the DSDT from the database that matches your BIOS version.

I will look into them, what do you mean "system utilities" option?
Any PCI card that you'd know that it works for sure with that MOBO?

Thanks so much

PooyaNabei said:
I will look into them, what do you mean "system utilities" option?
Any PCI card that you'd know that it works for sure with that MOBO?

Thanks so much

In MultiBeast when you have the tree of checkboxes to select from, there's one at the top level called "System Utilities". Selecting this makes MultiBeast run a few things that ensure your kexts are loaded correctly by clearing and rebuilding the cache. Any time you work with kexts in MultiBeast, you must select system utilities as well, to be sure that everything loads correctly.

If you haven't done it yet, go ahead and run MultiBeast with just the system utilities selected, and then reboot. This should help clean up anything you've already done. Then from now on, make sure you select that option when installing kexts.

Yeah, try that, didn't work... =(
It could be my motherboard too...
Any suggestion for a PCI wifi, or Ethernet card?

Thanks so much

I don't have any experience with PCIe ethernet cards, but I know a few folks around here have them. I'd suggest searching the threads and seeing if there's one that stands out as working well.

As for WiFi, the best way to go if you want WiFi is to get something with the current broadcom chips that apple uses in it. Mostly these are micro-PCIe, so you'd also need to snag an adapter to allow you to plug it into a standard PCIe slot.

Here's a link on one way to do that:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1143

I wouldn't really worry about WiFi for a desktop machine, though, as long as you can easily run a cable to it. Wired ethernet is much faster and less prone to errors/hacking/interference, etc.

IT WORKED!!! IT WORKED!!!
I FINALLY MADE IT WORK.. In my /extra/extensions/... by accident I had installed the intel network card and ionetworkfamily.... I removed them and voila!!!!

Thanks so much guys!!!!

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally miss that... I'm having a hard time understanding how to change my HD to not have the orange icon and sleep to work, I've been looking around, but can't exactly figure what to delete and what to put and in where... Could you help me with that.. like I got the sleepenabler.kext but not sure where to install it... I'm running 10.6.4

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back