Contribute
Register

Please help MSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think your biggest problem is the incorrect edit you made around line 14871...

Original code:
Code:
    If (CondRefOf (\_SB.PCI0.RP01.PXSX))
    {
        Scope (_SB.PCI0.RP01.PXSX)
        {
            Method (_DSM, 4, Serialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
    Scope (_SB.PCI0.RP02.PXSX)
    {
        OperationRegion (RPXX, PCI_Config, Zero, 0x10)
        Field (RPXX, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
        {
            VDID,   32
        }

And the code you have:
Code:
    If (CondRefOf (\_SB.PCI0.RP01.PXSX))
    {
        Scope (_SB.PCI0.RP01.PXSX)
        {
        }

Scope (_SB.PCI0.RP02.PXSX) //[B]<<-- mistake is here[/B]
        {
            OperationRegion (RPXX, PCI_Config, Zero, 0x10)
            Field (RPXX, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                VDID,   32
            }

You have removed a bunch of things from Scope(_SB.PCI0.RP01.PXSX) and you have placed the Scope(_SB.PCI0.RP02.PXSX) inside the CondRefOf block instead of outside (as original).

I think you may have made the mistake when you removed "Remove _DSM methods" (which exposes a MaciASL bug) and tried to fix it.

So, re-patch... Instead of using "Remove _DSM methods" (which exposes the MaciASL bug), instead use "Rename _DSM methods to XDSM". It won't cause the problem that remove _DSM does.

good job rehabman! My nvidia graphics is disabled!

I had to turn 2, (AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer 10.11 and IOGraphicsFamily) at the start I get the distorted picture, I give the button off, I turn off the screen, back to give the button on the screen properly presents with 1536 mb

Hi John,
Could you please tell me where did you find this two patchs and how to use them correctly?
I have the same laptop with the same CPU, mb, Graphic card to you.
I attampted to use your "EFI with USB" to install 10.11.4 succusfully, but I get stuck in booting when I change EFI to your "EFI files in hdd" or "EFI perfect graphic".

By the way, some tips for MSI laptop, you can press ALT(left)+F2+CTRL(right)+SHIFT (right) to open advanced setting of BIOS when you try to set BIOS, it concluds the setting of the value of pre-alloc.

Hi John,
Could you please tell me where did you find this two patchs and how to use them correctly?
I have the same laptop with the same CPU, mb, Graphic card to you.
I attampted to use your "EFI with USB" to install 10.11.4 succusfully, but I get stuck in booting when I change EFI to your "EFI files in hdd" or "EFI perfect graphic".

By the way, some tips for MSI laptop, you can press ALT(left)+F2+CTRL(right)+SHIFT (right) to open advanced setting of BIOS when you try to set BIOS, it concluds the setting of the value of pre-alloc.

hello, I will try a tutorial with Mac OS Sierra for msi, but my English is very poor.

Attachments

• IMG_20160912_211642.jpg
    IMG_20160912_211642.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 197
hi rehabman, i have new problem the i updated to 10.11.6 when i patch dsdt i can't boot.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

i'm sorry, i didn't have run drooped...but i have another problem.
I have triple boot with windows, and debian, but debian doesn't appear in clover but if i install ubuntu, ubuntu appear in clover.
i need debian for high school..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back