EVGA GeForce GT 640 2048MB GDDR3
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Dear All,

I tried to download "ALC892Enabler Beta - 5.1 & 7.1" from "http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=14725". Basically I have Asus P8Z77 V Pro mother board with ALC892 audio chip. But unfortunately I got an warning message "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post." please guide to download the attached file from "http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=14725".

Thanking you,
TPMAC

Dear All,
I tried to download "ALC892Enabler Beta - 5.1 & 7.1"
The legacy site is not supported.
Try MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC892

Dear toleda,

Thanks for your kind help.

Before your advice I installed "MultiBeast 5.2.1" with "Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC892" but 5.1 channel is not working. I used MIDI setup with Aggregated "Built-in Output" + "Built-in Line Output" + "Built-in Line Output" with 5.1 enabling Multichannel 5.1 configuration. But still giving only 2-channel output alternatively.

Still I could not configure the system with 5.1 channel.

One more problem I observe that I can't install 10.8.2 combo update. After installing it the system does not boot. I can go up to 10.8.1 update only without any problem. Is it due to my hardware limitation or some other problem please point it out.

Thanking you,
TPMAC

Hi tpmac, I installed ALC8xx/without DSDT/ALC892 with latest multibeast but i don't have sound at all...
did you do anything special to enable it?

thanks

Hi grantorrone, I done as toleda said. But one thing I like to say here that my mother board is "Asus P8Z77 V Pro" if you is also same than there you might miss step some where (I am not fully sure it is right or wrong as I started hakintoshing very recently). There may be variations in hardware IRQ or ID in different motherboards.

Sorry I could not provide you the pinpoint answer.

Thanking you,
TPMAC

I used MIDI setup with Aggregated "Built-in Output" + "Built-in Line Output" + "Built-in Line Output" with 5.1 enabling Multichannel 5.1 configuration. But still giving only 2-channel output alternatively.
Did you Configure Speakers in Audio MIDI Setup? Attach a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

Dear toleda,

Thanks for your help.

Yes I did the configurations of speakers in Audio MIDI setup. But no help. Here I am attaching copy of my IOReg , please check and guide me where I did the mistake.

Thanking you,
TPMAC

Attachments

• TPMAC Mac Pro.zip
    489.8 KB · Views: 58
Dear Toleda,

Sorry, still I could not getting 5.1 Surround sound. Sending you the screen capture of my settings for your reference & future help.

I think I have making mistake somewhere.

Thanking you,
TPMAC

Attachments

• Setup 01.png
    Setup 01.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Setup 02.jpg
    Setup 02.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Setup No Sound.png
    Setup No Sound.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 108
I think I have making mistake somewhere.
Obviously, there is no sound when mute is selected. Delete the Aggregate Device and make a new Aggregate Device. Do not select drift or mute or any thing else. What are you using for speakers and how are they connected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back