Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-Designare Socket 1151
CPU
Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hy there i'm a beginner to work with mac , I only have little knowledge of BIOS and hardware and Mac OS, but i want to learn , I need guidance, I tried to install one but unfortunately fail,this is my configuration:

memory: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz CL17 Dual Channel (CT2K8G4DFD824A)
sdd: SSD Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
processor: Intel Core i5-6600K Quad Core 3.5GHz Socket 1151
Gigabyte Z170X-Designare Socket 1151 z170x-designare

Sorry for my terrible English

Tanks

Last edited:
First: the forum rules request that you specify your hardware in your user profile.

Second: where/how is the build/install failing? Check the BIOS settings as suggested in the Installation Guide. If you can boot into the Clover bootloader, add "-v" to the Clover boot options, in order to boot in verbose mode, and then take a photograph of the screen where it stops.

Third: Crucial FD8213 appears to be laptop RAM, not compatible with the Z170X-Designare.

Edited to add:
Forum Rules said:
The Desktop Compatibility forum section is for seeking advice to see if your existing computer system will be compatible with Apple's Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion and/or Mavericks.

The Mavericks/Mountain Lion/Lion/Snow Leopard Desktop Support forum sections are for installation questions and trouble shooting an installation.

Last edited:
Hy there i'm a beginner to work with mac , I only have little knowledge of BIOS and hardware and Mac OS, but i want to learn , I need guidance, I tried to install one but unfortunately fail,this is my configuration:

memory: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz CL17 Dual Channel (CT2K8G4DFD824A)
sdd: SSD Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
processor: Intel Core i5-6600K Quad Core 3.5GHz Socket 1151
Gigabyte Z170X-Designare Socket 1151 z170x-designare

Sorry for my terrible English

Tanks
My guess is the NVMe SSD drive. You can get the EVO drive working but if this is your first build I would suggest using a standard SATA SSD.

First: the forum rules request that you specify your hardware in your user profile.

Second: where/how is the build/install failing? Check the BIOS settings as suggested in the Installation Guide. If you can boot into the Clover bootloader, add "-v" to the Clover boot options, in order to boot in verbose mode, and then take a photograph of the screen where it stops.

Third: Crucial FD8213 appears to be laptop RAM, not compatible with the Z170X-Designare.

Edited to add:

Hy there,
Here is the photo from my screen where it stops
screen1.jpg

How did you create the MacOS USB, and what version of MacOS are you trying to install?

Hy there,
I don't create a MacOS USB, i create a boot disk I-BOOT Legacy and after i try to install a Mac OS Snow Leopard 10.6

Hy there,
I don't create a MacOS USB, i create a boot disk I-BOOT Legacy and after i try to install a Mac OS Snow Leopard 10.6

With your Skylake processor and a 100-series motherboard, the earliest version of Mac OS X that will work is 10.11.1 (El Capitan); 10.11.4 is the earliest version with full support for the 170x chipset, including the HD530 iGPU.

Mac OS X 10.6 is far too old to run on the hardware you have. You can (usually) run newer software on older hardware, but not the other way around.

With your Skylake processor and a 100-series motherboard, the earliest version of Mac OS X that will work is 10.11.1 (El Capitan); 10.11.4 is the earliest version with full support for the 170x chipset, including the HD530 iGPU.

Mac OS X 10.6 is far too old to run on the hardware you have. You can (usually) run newer software on older hardware, but not the other way around.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back