Contribute
Register

Please Help Me Update (I need it for work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Black Ninja
CPU
Intel i7 2600k Sandy Bridge
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could help me update from 10.8.2 to 10.8.4. I installed OSX a while ago and I'm a bit rusty on the whole process and it took me a while to get everything working. I produce music for some side work and I need to upgrade to Logic X, but need to update OSX first in order to do so. So I'm pretty desperate and will even paypal someone some beer money if they want in order to help me! ;)

I tried looking up how to do it but I'm sort of confused on what to do...

First off, can I use an external hard drive instead of a thumb drive?

Secondly, do I download the new chimera, multibeast, and unibeast? I take it just the multibeast? I honestly forget the exact process I used to install, I apologize for my ignorance...but if someone could kind of give me a step by step in how to update without running into any problems that would be awesome.

Lastly, what multibeast settings should I select? Do i select all the same ones as my old setup? And is there something specific to check or avoid? I remember before I think I had to uncheck some monitoring plugin like SMC? Is this still necessary? Also, there may have been some audio and usb work arounds as well.

Here is my installation thread with my exact build and multibeast settings -> http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-i7-2600k-gtx-670-mountain-lion-10-8-2-a.html

I will greatly appreciate the help anyone gives me here as I desperately need to sort this out for work. Thank you.

Just follow the guide like you did before but with the new Mountain Lion and Multibeast downloads.

I have never attempted to use an external drive instead of a USB drive so can't help there.

BTW, offering payment is against the site rules : http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Good luck

Just follow the guide like you did before but with the new Mountain Lion and Multibeast downloads.

I have never attempted to use an external drive instead of a USB drive so can't help there.

BTW, offering payment is against the site rules : http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Good luck

oh sorry i was unaware of the non payment rule.

but what guide? i dont see a guide for updating.

also can anyone else chime in on whether or not i can use an external hdd instead of a thumb drive? also, can anyone comment on if i still will need to uncheck the SMC plugins or select any other specifics? again my system and multibeast settings are shown in the link i provided in my original post. thank you.

It's not quite clear what you actually want to achieve.

Are you considering a fresh install of OS X (10.8.5) or upgrading your current installation ?

If it's an upgrade then you don't need a USB drive, you just download the combo update from Apple and install it.

If it's a fresh build, you need to download the current version of Mountain Lion and Multibeast and install by following a guide from the Builds section (Like the one you linked to in your first post).

just an upgrade from 10.8.2 to 10.8.4 so how do i update just through the apple store or what? what about the new multibeast?

Read this thread : Update Thread

Download the combo update here : Update Download

Download the latest Multibeast here : Multibeast Download

The Multibeast settings should be pretty much the same that you used in the guide that you followed for the original install.

Read this thread : Update Thread

Download the combo update here : Update Download

Download the latest Multibeast here : Multibeast Download

The Multibeast settings should be pretty much the same that you used in the guide that you followed for the original install.

ok thank you i will try later when i get home. do you know if the SMC plugins still need to be avoided?

do you know if the SMC plugins still need to be avoided?

Sorry, I don't know what the issue was with them originally or if that situation has changed.

Sorry, I don't know what the issue was with them originally or if that situation has changed.

its a known issue to cause kernal panics im not sure if it's isolated to certain motherboards or what but maybe someone else can chime in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back