Contribute
Register

Please help me patch/fix my DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, then answer this: Why does my audio work when I use the VooDooHDA kext, and not in this manner?

Because something is wrong in the patched AppleHDA files.

Patching AppleHDA is not simple. VoodooHDA is open source, written from the ground up to be generic to any codec. AppleHDA is closed source, and written specifically for Apple computers.

Note: Question never answered regarding desktop vs. laptop ALC892...

Note: Question never answered regarding desktop vs. laptop ALC892

I was not the one who sourced that file, it was given to me by the-braveknight. I believe he said that he double checked that it was the laptop version before giving it to me.

I was not the one who sourced that file, it was given to me by the-braveknight. I believe he said that he double checked that it was the laptop version before giving it to me.

Then it probably is a pathmap mismatch, or other ACPI issue (IRQs...).

Then it probably is a pathmap mismatch, or other ACPI issue (IRQs...).

Is there anything I can do to check against this?

I am going to see if I can undo the changes and just use the VooDooHDA kext

Last edited:
Is there anything I can do to check against this?

You would need a full understanding of how to patch AppleHDA and the Intel HDA specification.

The skills are acquirable. Links are in the FAQ. It is not easy.

I am aware of this, but it is a simple matter of how much I care about it, and how much I wish to devote my time towards. The answer is very little. I am faced with the following dilemma: the SSDT + HDA Codec patch and company (which does not work for whatever reason) versus VooDooHDA kext which works without question. Although it is not true for all things that I do, for this particular problem I choose the easy way out, which is using the VooDooHDA kext.

I also had to turn off and turn on my computer for some reason before the Voodoo kext worked. It seemed that maybe an IRQ or something was stuck. I dunno. It is finally back to working now.

On another topic, I am was pleasantly surprised to find that my BisonCam actually works properly! Based on my research I was convinced that it did not follow proper UVA spec and would never work in OS X. I started up FaceTime and the light came on the webcam and everything. Most Excellent

On another topic, I am was pleasantly surprised to find that my BisonCam actually works properly! Based on my research I was convinced that it did not follow proper UVA spec and would never work in OS X. I started up FaceTime and the light came on the webcam and everything. Most Excellent

Any USB camera should work OOB after fixing its USB port.

Any USB camera should work OOB after fixing its USB port.
Well that is good to know. Sorry that the audio patch wouldn't work. Not sure what it was. I am not sure what is left after that. Maybe the fan speed control. Was there anything else you noticed that was awry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back