Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
ATI Radeon HD5970 on Mountain Lion

Hello,

I recently posted my hackintosh guide in the forum and I have since added a HIS ATI Radeon HD5970 Graphics Card to it. With some info from other places, I got to make the card work, but the only thing I did was to add the device id to the
ATI5000Controller.kext. The bit that concerns deactivating the second GPU requires a kext that is not in the Extensions folder (ATIRadeonX3000.kext).
I also tried tweaking the AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext (by adding the device id to one of the families), but I could not find a setting that would work (i tried putting the device id under the cypress family, to no avail, just got a complete blank screen after startup).
Most successful stories with this GPU are for Snow Leopard, I haven't seen anyone making this card work well on ML.

Could someone please give me some directions on how to make it work completely? I don't really know if QE and CI are working because I don't know how to check (would love to learn), but I can't start Aperture (so I thinks it's a NO). I am sure the GPU would handle aperture, so how can I fix that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

That's Finally Working Perfectly With QE/CI enabled!
If you're interested, I'll create a little soft to enable it ;)

That's Finally Working Perfectly With QE/CI enabled!
If you're interested, I'll create a little soft to enable it ;)

Help Me , I have 5870 and 5970 in hackintosh , macosx 10.8.2 .

Please Help me with my 5970 .

You have a guide ?

Oww Sorry, I didn't saw your messages, i sought nobody was interested!

I'll work on it tonight ;) & release it during the week ;)

Oww Sorry, I didn't saw your messages, i sought nobody was interested!

I'll work on it tonight ;) & release it during the week ;)

Thanks Very Thanks

Awesome! I am getting a 5970 from a friend for free who just upgraded to the GTX690 and will soon be trying to make my first Hackintosh. I was hoping to install Mountain lion as a fresh install. Hopefully this will help out.

Hi, this is my first time building a hackintosh. Actually this is my first time actually using a mac. Sorry. Beginner here. One question, I have an old ati hd 5970 dual GPS from my old pc. Will both the cores work well on osx mountain lion?

Do you mean Dual GPU?
No, in fact it won't work....With my installer, it disables one GPU in M.Lion (not physically)

No work for me , see photo. Thanks.

Attachments

• 5970.png
    5970.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 410
Owh ok. U run crossfire or both GPU on one card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back