Contribute
Register

PLEASE HELP! Keyboard and Mouse not working after Unibeast Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed it and my system is working flawlessly. I started over and did a fresh install of Yosemite. When I ran Multibeast I selected, I selected DSDT-Free, and selected AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a for ethernet to work.. Everything is working great!

Attachments

• 10736480_10205166688753427_2075863288_o.jpg
    10736480_10205166688753427_2075863288_o.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 841
For what it's worth, I am experiencing the same issue with the keyboard and mouse not working after Yosemite install and am using the same motherboard (GA-Z87MX-D3H). None of the solutions suggested here have worked yet. Will await new ideas...

Here's a new idea!

I tried everything suggested here too, removing various kexts, copying my DSDT file over, etc. got the keyboard to work with VoodooPS2, but still no mouse in the installer. Works fine in Mavericks. No clue.

Then I tried simply plugging in a WIRED USB mouse while at the installer first language selection screen. Bingo. It worked!

I wonder if everyone else with this same issue is using a wireless mouse?

Btw my mouse/keyboard is a Logitech where the wireless receiver cable has a dual end with both USB and purple PS2 (keyboard) connectors. If you normally just plug in the USB both mouse and keyboard normally work as USB, but on my PC the system always wakes itself instantly from sleep (on all operating systems I think) with the USB keyboard, hence why I plug in the PS2 connector too, so I then have a PS2 keyboard (that sleeps fine) and a USB mouse. That's why in my case I needed VoodooPS2 to get a working keyboard.

Anyway, I still have no clue why a wired mouse works, but not the wireless receiver that works fine in all other version of OSX I've tried (since Leopard).

EDIT: Interestingly, I wondered if any genuine macs were seeing this with the Logitech wireless mouse, sure enough - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6602984

EDIT2: Installing the 'Logitech Control Center' as suggested in the thread fixed my mouse! Not helpful for anyone that can't get past the installer without a mouse though. No idea if there's a Kext I can extract from the Logitech files that can be added to the USB drive to make the mouse work with the installer.

Last edited:
This solution worked well for me. All is working correctly.

From Pilgrim here:

Try this :

Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext if you have one in /System/Library/Extensions

Copy Rehabman's GenericUSBXHCI.kext to your desktop. Download

If you don't have it already, download KextBeast from Here.
Run KextBeast.

Restart

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I go about deleting GenericUSBXHCI.kext ?

Where is it located? My unibeast flash drive? All I see is the yosemite installer and multibeast. Are there supposed to be more files/folders?

Where is it located? My unibeast flash drive? All I see is the yosemite installer and multibeast. Are there supposed to be more files/folders?

What is the problem you are facing?

I am experiencing the same ignorance. I looked inside the yosemite.app bundle but didn't think I'd find it. Seems like it should be part of multi-beast? I'm not making it that far.

With UniBeast got to the Yosemite installer screen where it asks for language. I cannot get the keyboard or mouse to respond. I see mouse cursor in upper left corner. I tried booting with both USB and PS/2 keyboard/mouse combos. (all wired) with no luck. I tried plugging unplugging no luck. I just have that installer screen with the various languages scrolling behind the language picker.

This is an nForce 680i SLI EVGA board. 122-CK-NF68-a1

update: Also to note, I tried every unibeast boot option. Most hang during the apple symbol. Verbose boot is the only one that lets me get to that installation screen. Maybe it isn't usb/ps2 but rather the system is just hung, although the graphics os the languages is scrolling.

I'm experiencing the same issues with the mouse and keyboard. I get to the language selection screen and I can scroll up and down and pick what language I need and it goes to the next part, but the mouse is not working. I can't get any further. It's stuck in the top left hand corner.

I'm using a gigabyte GA-H81M-HD3 motherboard, Intel core i5 cpu, 8gb ram and 1tb hard drive.

If someone can help it would be a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back