Graphics
HD 4000/1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Dear community of tonymacx86.com I come for your help! I installed OS X Yosemite on my Sony Vaio laptop VPCS111FM, everything is working fine, except for graphics, I dont have native resolution. This machine is a first gen Intel HD Graphics with device id 0046 and vendor id 8086. It has LVDS display, I have tried looking everywhere to get working the native resolution with no luck.

I have seen reports of people getting their Arrandale to work, so I tried this with no luck:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

I tried the Giofridas Patcher and no luck either. I was told to use Clover instead of Chameleon and I have trouble setting Clover because its not user friendly. (And I am good with computers)

I have asked for help on different forums and no one is willing to give me a hand, its so frustrating, so I come here as my last resort, so I ask you, I beg for your help, I wanna enjoy this like the rest of you, please, help?

Dear community of tonymacx86.com I come for your help! I installed OS X Yosemite on my Sony Vaio laptop VPCS111FM, everything is working fine, except for graphics, I dont have native resolution. This machine is a first gen Intel HD Graphics with device id 0046 and vendor id 8086. It has LVDS display, I have tried looking everywhere to get working the native resolution with no luck.

I have seen reports of people getting their Arrandale to work, so I tried this with no luck:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

I tried the Giofridas Patcher and no luck either. I was told to use Clover instead of Chameleon and I have trouble setting Clover because its not user friendly. (And I am good with computers)

I have asked for help on different forums and no one is willing to give me a hand, its so frustrating, so I come here as my last resort, so I ask you, I beg for your help, I wanna enjoy this like the rest of you, please, help?

You have the right guide there. Make sure you follow along carefully.

I triedmultiple times believe me and no luck, I tried deleting the kext, rebuilding cache, adding the QECI kexts and the patched FB, Giofrida's Patcher, nothing I swear no luck :(

I triedmultiple times believe me and no luck, I tried deleting the kext, rebuilding cache, adding the QECI kexts and the patched FB, Giofrida's Patcher, nothing I swear no luck :(

It is not about luck. There could have been some other issue...

It is not about luck. There could have been some other issue...

RehabMan, thank you for replying!

Ok, so, what do you suggest me then? I was told to use Clover instead of Chameleon, but I tried to install it, but man it is not so user friendly, I just could not, can you explain me how to install Clover and see if I get it to work with it? I have a Legacy Bios.

RehabMan, thank you for replying!

Ok, so, what do you suggest me then? I was told to use Clover instead of Chameleon, but I tried to install it, but man it is not so user friendly, I just could not, can you explain me how to install Clover and see if I get it to work with it? I have a Legacy Bios.

You can work on Clover later... Save for after you have some experience.

You can work on Clover later... Save for after you have some experience.

Ok, thanks, I will try one more that guide to see I have success, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back