Contribute
Register

Please help, im so frustrated with unibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I install that update to my USB or just to my computer.

Will I erease my USB and start again and partition and then maybe it would work?

I tried agin and I have my unibeast USB installed. Any advice in advance for the next step

I tried agin and I have my unibeast USB installed. Any advice in advance for the next step

The video that Beelzebozo did pretty much covers things : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...bridge-unibeast-installation-video-guide.html

Combo Update
Restart (use F12 to select USB), Reboot using iBoot
Do the required 10.6.8 update that I linked to.

Restart as before back to the desktop - and plug in the UniBeast drive into one of the rear USB2 sockets - it will show on the desktop, see video from about 21 mins in. follow from here and you should be fine.

Adrian B

Okay well when I press the USB as a boot option then I press USB with the lion picture over it with-v in prompt because that was what worked when installing snow leopard the text comes out as normal then when near the end the monitor goes off and computer restarts, I tried putting nothing in the prompt but then apple logo comes up then restarts again. Would it be that my gpu is not supported in mountain lion, your opinion? Should I do fresh install instead of updateing it.

Okay well when I press the USB as a boot option then I press USB with the lion picture over it with-v in prompt because that was what worked when installing snow leopard the text comes out as normal then when near the end the monitor goes off and computer restarts, I tried putting nothing in the prompt but then apple logo comes up then restarts again. Would it be that my gpu is not supported in mountain lion, your opinion? Should I do fresh install instead of updateing it.

Try using Graphics Enabler = No flag for the GT210. In an ideal world I would say do a fresh install - in this instance I think just install over SL for now. Priority is to get it working for you. If you feel like a fresh install later than all very good.

Joshy - keep notes of what you are trying, what works and what does not. All good for future reference.

Adrian B

Graphics enabler=no doesn't work and graphi.......=yes doesn't work and -vPCIROOTUID=0 doesn't work and -v doesn't work and -x doesn't work and -z doesn't work. FYI when I press everything accept -v the apple logo comes up the wheel spins then monitor goes to standby. Do I need to buy a new graphics card or will I try a fresh install.

Graphics enabler=no doesn't work and graphi.......=yes doesn't work and -vPCIROOTUID=0 doesn't work and -v doesn't work and -x doesn't work and -z doesn't work. FYI when I press everything accept -v the apple logo comes up the wheel spins then monitor goes to standby. Do I need to buy a new graphics card or will I try a fresh install.

Try a fresh install, why not?

Adrian B

well(happy) i tried fresh install and i took my gpu out and pressed -x think and i am posting this from my macinjosh TM. i need to install multibeast now. I'll tell you if im done or run into another problem, thanks, keep in touch with my posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back