Please help I can't get multibeast to work properly (z77x-ud5 and i5 3570k

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am using mountain lion....

still not working...

can someone give me a guide....

still not working...

can someone give me a guide....

If your MOUNTAIN LION INSTALLATION SUCCEEDED and you can BOOT INTO THE INSTALL USING THE USB INSTALLER as the boot device - but MULTIBEAST INSTALLATION FAILS - then the issue to diagnose is WHY MULTIBEAST IS FAILING.

You will NOT SEE THE CORRECT CONTENTS in the EXTRA FOLDER - if MULTIBEAST IS FAILING.

You need to DIAGNOSE WHY MULTIBEAST IS FAILING.

I'm SHOUTING HERE - because you seem to be chasing your tail, and ignoring the fact that your ML Install completed successfully - but you're not troubleshooting WHY MULTIBEAST IS NOT SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING.

Multibeast writes the boot tracks and the contents of the \extra folder LAST (I believe) - so if there's an issue occurring with MultiBeast PREVIOUS TO writing the boot tracks & \extra - you NEED TO DIAGNOSE THAT ISSUE.

Your PROCESSOR DOESN'T MATTER - my 3770K isn't "supported" either. I had the "problem kexts" that were described in the link I POSTED ON PAGE 1 of this thread - and THAT PROCEDURE SOLVED MY ISSUE - allowed Multibeast to FINISH SUCCESSFULLY - and ALLOWED THE HACK TO BOOT FROM THE HARD DRIVE.

Rick

I fixed the problem it boots from hdd but when I do these settings

User DSDT or DSDT Free Installation
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > Without DSDT > ALC898

It freezes on the white screen on boot up, can you help?

I don't need to select anything for my graphics card because it works natively and my ethernet also works...

Shall I untick user sdt or dsdt free installation?

Very intersting thread. I have been building a hackintosh with same specks as noted in opening post. I have the same issue with Multibeast. I agree that this appears to be a problem with multibeast. I can install and update with multibeast without selecting audio driver for ALC898. The computer works fine with ML. Able to do everything but no sound. Obviuosly when I look for sound settings, they are missing. I have put in a second hard drive to just test various mutlibeast setting to see what works but still no luck. The hanging with "white" screen happens everytime. I am going to try the -v setting to see what errors occur and repost here. At work now and can not post screen shot. Just nice to know I am not the only one have this issue.

The Motherboard is on F9 version of the bios. There is now a F11 version. I am a hesitant to upgrade the bios as I am not convinced this would fix problem.

I am no expert to trouble shooting or fixing multibeast problems.

Thanks

Update:

Start entire new installation on same system as noted above with HardDrive rather than SSD. Used the same setting including hte ACL898 option. All worked great. Now I am confused. Will try again with SSD tonight.

Vas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back