HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

Been running Lion on an HP 4530 since the start of this guide, however this morning RAN the latest installer selected the relevant options for my system and now I get this errors,

Please see attached image.

Please help guys, I know you are the masters of this platform,

Also A Merry Christmas to you all.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 283
Ebrahim said:
Been running Lion on an HP 4530 since the start of this guide, however this morning RAN the latest installer selected the relevant options for my system and now I get this errors
By installer I assume that you mean MultiBeast. Rule of thumb here is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." There is no need to re-run MultiBeast each time a new version is released.

Not sure what the fix to your problem is, but hopefully someone else will chime in. Can you boot into your system with rBoot?

Finally, Merry Christmas to you.

Nope not multibeast. The HP installer that the guys have been maintaining.

Tried, -v, -f, -s, tried all the switches, same error.

I've run your previous installers before to update and never had the issue, but your latest installer seems to throw my system out.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in Advance

Can you tell us why you ran the installer on your working system?

Its an installer I make for this specific laptop, it works fine. It is meant to keep files working after any updates, and supply any changes for a fully functional system.

@OP, can you boot with RBoot-LE?

@blueking - I do not doubt the integrity of your installer. I applaud all the work that you have done for those with a ProBook. What I was trying to get at was why was did the OP need to run the installer. No where in this thread has the OP stated why your new installer was run. Was something not working? Did the OP just perform a 10.7.2 update and thus need to run the installer (as per your ProBook guide)? On the contrary, the OP stated "Been running Lion on an HP 4530 since the start of this guide." Although I do not know the specifics of your installer, I assume that the same theory holds - If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Thus, with a working 4530 running Lion, why did the OP need to run the installer?

Sorry, I thought he had upgraded it to 10.7.2.

It typically is a good idea as the updates in the installer typically enable something, although 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 literally touches nothing. So I have no clue why that would fail.

Hi Guys, :wave:

Lets clarify a few things quickly,

Number 1 - I've bought Mac OS Lion from the App Store
Number 2 - I've been running Lion on this laptop perfectly since the beginning of the automated kext installer by blueking, and everytime he releases an update to the installer I run it to keep me updated, as the updates normally include updated kexts, or fixes or changes to maintain compatibility with Apple System Updates(Correct me if Iam wrong here blueking)

All I need help with is to know, what might have caused the issues I experience on bootup since running the latest HP installer and assistance on how I mighy be able to fix it, as you guys seem the most knowledgeable on this particular laptop.

For the others telling me that if something aint broken dont fix it, doesnt help me at all, so if thats all you going to say, rather refrain from posting. :thumbdown: :silent:

blueking I really appreciate all your time and effort and your end result is absolutely amazing, this has to be one of the most perfect laptops for OSX, :headbang:

And for anyone who is willing to help me fix this issue, I really do appreciate your assistance and appreciate your time. ;) :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back