Contribute
Register

Please help diagnosing: Something's off and I suspect it's graphics related (clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
ASUS GTX770 OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I have a range of problems with my Clover Hackintosh and I don't know where to start looking for the cause. I've identified some problems that I suspect are related to eachother. At the end of this post, I'll describe my build.

Problem 1: VIDEO COLOR SHIFT
If I'm watching a video on the web browser, everything looks fine. If I switch to full screen, saturation and contrast drops dramatically. I'm using a professional NEC monitor which is regularly calibrated via hardware, so that's not the reason.

Problem 2: PHOTOSHOP SCREEN MODE CHANGES COLORS
In photoshop there are screen modes which one can cycle through by pressing the TAB key. I know those screen modes are more than just a UI arrangement, since on two of those screen modes, frame rate increases. So here's the problem. If in photoshop I switch to full screen mode, saturation INcreases dramatically (the opposite of what happens when watching videos in the browser. To get the colors to show correctly, I have to click outside of the photoshop window. Again, the monitor is properly calibrated and color management works as it should.

Problem 3: PHOTOSHOP RULER CAUSE LAG
In photoshop, if I toggle the ruler, screen draw gets very laggy (drawing or turning layers on and off).

Problem 4: LIQUIFY CURSOR DISAPPEARS WHEN SAVING MESH
In photoshop, the liquify tool allows you to save liquify meshes as an .msh file. The save mesh button invoques a normal save dialogue. When that save dialogue is showing, the arrow cursor disappears randomly when dragged over the dialogue. It's not that the arrow cursor disappears. Actually, instead of switching from liquify circle cursor to arrow cursor as it should, it stays a circle and I can see it behind the save/load mesh window (screenshot attached). While the cursor is behind the window, I can still click blindly. In order to make the normal arrow cursor appear in front of the save/load mesh again, I have to drag the mouse out of the save dialogue, and drag it back in, making sure no text input fields are touched.

I know photoshop uses different graphics modes for different parts of the UI, filters, the cursors and the canvas. Apart from these problems my hackintosh is perfectly stable and performs as well as it does in Windows.

MY BUILD:
OSX 10.10.2 Clover
Photoshop CC 2014.2.2
Gigabyte z87x-ud5h
Core i7 4770K @4.3Ghz
32Gb Ram
Asus GTX770 2gb
2 monitors
Wacom Tablet
Clover Bootloader

OpenCL benchmarks show no problems that i can identify. I've tried both Nvidia and Native GPU drivers. I have tried using different system definitions, but nothing changed. I've also tried with the IGPU enabled and disabled. Today I formatted and reinstalled OSX from scratch, and nothing has changed. I don't remember this happening when I was on Multibeast.

If there's any other info I can provide, please let me know.

THANKS

Attachments

• ps_Liq_cursor.png
    ps_Liq_cursor.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 110
I'm not sure if this will help but...

My mouse is a R.A.T. 7 which used to behave erratically. I waited until MAD CATZ finally updated their drivers to work with Yosemite but things are still not perfect (mouse wise.)

My other suggestion is to focus on the Video Card and the forums for that card/mobo combo.

I use Photoshop CS 6 (version 13.0.6 - not the on-line version) and it works as expected.

Thanks but that didn't solve the problem. I've learned to live with it. It's like Yosemite (or clover) doesn't like my particular GTX 770. As soon as Oculus Rift releases, I'll update the whole rig to the latest... less than a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back