Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ga-z270x-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1060 SSC
Let me preface by saying… I knew I shouldn’t have played.

I had a perfectly working OSX Yosemeti Install:

• GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
• i7-2600K
• XFX Double D 6870
• Chimera

I had been hearing about how awesome Clover was due to being able to update directly from apple with no issue. So, I started looking into it. I read that you could create a clover usb and see how your system would run without messing anything up so that’s what I did.

• Followed the TMX86 Clover USB Guide
• Used Config+ATI
• Changed BIOS to boot from USB
• Restarted
• Clover loaded up
• Pressed Boot my HDrive with clover

Everything loaded up Great!
Got into my computer and everything seemed to be working except it was only recognizing 1 of my monitors. The other was black.

I thought cool. Maybe I’ll look into this more later.

• Restarted/Took out usb
• Changed Bios back to Boot from HDrive

I received Image #1

• Started Panicking/Sick to stomach
• Restarted
• Booted verbose

I received Image #2

• Began to weep/Regretted Playing
• Restarted
• Put Clover USB Back in
• Changed BIOS Back to Boot from usb

I received Image #3

Then after a few seconds I received Image #4

•*Vomitted while crying

From the way I understood it Clover shouldn’t have touched my Chimera setup. I didn’t
Install anything on my computer or change any settings. These are my exact Steps.

What do I do guys?
I really need your help.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    227.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 2.png
    2.png
    705 KB · Views: 139
  • 3.png
    3.png
    816.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 4.png
    4.png
    511.1 KB · Views: 141
This may be a solvable problem that has to do with the way Clover interacts with Chimera and your BIOS on a system. Basically, Clover doesn't play well with others.

How many hard drives/partitions do you have with boot loaders installed? If you only have the one with the Yosemite install, then it may be a bit easier, but it still should be fixable either way.

Boot into your BIOS and check the boot options list. It SHOULD list only the hard drive (or drives) connected to your system. If there is only the hard drive or only the system hard drives, then you have a different problem. If there are other mysterious entries (like Mac OS X or UEFI OS for example) [see post #21 at this link for an example], then you probably have a version of this problem:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...os-boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.html

Probably the easiest way to solve this on a Gigabyte Z68 is to reflash the BIOS with a fresh download from the Gigabyte website. This worked on my Z68 board. If it doesn't work, you will need to use the UEFI Shell included with Clover to remove the extra entries (instructions in the linked page).

After this is done, load optimized defaults in your BIOS and then reset the custom settings for your specific system. Reboot and cross your fingers.

I took your advice and re-flashed the BIOS to no avail. I haven't been here in a while since I had no issues with my system and I see Tony has gone over to the dark side, choosing clover officially. So, I figure the only option for me at this point is to completely redo the system. I'm going to flash bios to UEFI and upgrade to el capitan using Clover. I don't know what else to do. Please, Pray for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back