i7-7700HQ/HM175
Graphics
HD630, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Hello!

I've been trying to use the patched AppleHDA to get my audio to work, and it did for a blip of a second the other night, but since then I reformatted and started fresh, because everything was a mess. Now, of course, I'm ultra lost.

If someone could explain exactly how to get this working, I'd be most appreciative. I know there's something obviously I'm missing, but reading through hoops and pieces and bits from other guides gets ultra confusing. Pease see attached.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 131
Hello!

I've been trying to use the patched AppleHDA to get my audio to work, and it did for a blip of a second the other night, but since then I reformatted and started fresh, because everything was a mess. Now, of course, I'm ultra lost.

If someone could explain exactly how to get this working, I'd be most appreciative. I know there's something obviously I'm missing, but reading through hoops and pieces and bits from other guides gets ultra confusing. Pease see attached.

Remove the patch you have for AppleHDA in your config.plist.
Use FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext + FakePCIIID.kext instead (if needed).
Make sure your patched AppleHDA uses layout-id 3 (as that's what you're injecting).

Thank you so very much, RehabMan!

Apparently I was using the wrong codec, I have an ALC235. Properly patched and all set, however, headphones port is recognized and inserting/removing headphones is also recognized, but the sound is garbled.

Any tips for a fix? Thank you again! xo

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 128
Update: Enabled native power management, works fine! :clap:

Can you share me your clover?

Thank you so very much, RehabMan!

Apparently I was using the wrong codec, I have an ALC235. Properly patched and all set, however, headphones port is recognized and inserting/removing headphones is also recognized, but the sound is garbled.

Any tips for a fix? Thank you again! xo

Your ioreg shows audio not working (probably need to boot without caches, rebuild cache, reboot).

Can you share me your clover?

See post #3.
Keep in mind you cannot use patched ACPI files from another computer... you need to patch your own.

See post #3.
Keep in mind you cannot use patched ACPI files from another computer... you need to patch your own.
Thank you. My laptop is like her laptop. Can use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back