Contribute
Register

Please help (8700K RX580 GB MoBo) no iGPU, Blackscreens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been trying to have a build work running 10.13.6 and consisting of:

-Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 5 Wifi (with broadcom instead if intel)

-XFX RX 580 8GB XXX

-Samsung 970

-Gigabyte Thunderbolt 3 card

At my first attempt enabling TB3, all the fancy iMessage / handoff using the broadcom chip, as well as iGPU h.264 / HEVC acceleration seemed to work just fine… The only thing I was struggling with is that I was still getting black screens out of any DP ports from the GPU (HDMI working fine). So like any other dumbass, I proceeded to do stuff I shouldn’t, mainly delete the fake nvram setup thinking it might work without it… Since then, I wasn’t able to boot out of my USB UEFI (which is what I would to do to test out BIOS setting or EFI recipes) I got with either UEFI a black screen with the no go sign, as if my system has no EFI. Crazy enough, I had backed up my EFI folder as well as saved my last working motherboard presets… THEY DON’T WORK ANYMORE?! So I reinstalled everything as I did (or I thought I did) and now, there is no way to boot without disabling the iGPU. Now I’m back to almost where I was but iGPU cannot be enabled.

I tried everything. With or without the whatevergreen / lilu kexts, using every ig-platform-id imaginable, even not using it and do as other suggested and disabling Inject Intel and leaving it blank as other suggested… I tried with and without -disablegfxfirmware, using the -rad4200 flag, shikigva=-4 (for AMD) and using the 0x59128086 Fake ID on Intel GFX… Nothing seems to work now.

Furthermore, I read I shouldn’t use CMS on the motherboard with iGPU, so I keep it disable for my tests, but if it’s not enable, I get crazy glitches when the MB boots…

I also noticed that it would boot with iGPU enabled if I physically remove the TB3 card from the computer. Which was not a thing on my first build attempt…

So in the current set up: Thunderbolt, WIFI and bluetooth is working like a charm, but I can’t seem to either be able to enable iGPU or other DP ports on my GPU. I really don’t know what else to do.

Any idea? I’m surprised since I made sure to get parts that were known to work and had been troublesoot already… Foolish me. it'll teach me not to sell my body in an alley to buy an iMac Pro...

Some background information, I have attached my config file and here's the kext I use (all latest versions):
-AppleALC.kext
-BrcmFirmwareData.kext
-BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
-BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
-FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
-FakeSMC.kext
-IntelMausiEthernet.kext
-Lilu.kext
-RealtekRTL8111.kext
-SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
-WhateverGreen.kext

I've also added the following .efi:
-apfs.efi
-EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

I also forgot to mention I tried with and (as you can see now) without Fake_PCIID.kext

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.4 KB · Views: 154
Not a User Build - Moved to Desktop Support.

You should read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

hello
-in drivers64UEFI file make sure you have
apfs.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

-also in kexts > others
WhateverGreen.kext
Lilu.kext

inject ati and added fake id 0x67DF1002
FB name = Dayman

ig platform id 0x59120003

Hey there, Thanks for your help! Still getting the no go sign. All the kext are there and latest versions, did inject the Fake ID and here's what the config looks like now... I tried turning off TB in BIOS, does not help, so that doesn't seem to be the problem...

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.5 KB · Views: 145
Well, I think I found the issue, on the newer AORUS F7 BIOS, there's now 3 options, including "auto" in the iGPU enabling dropdown... This seems to have fixed it for me! Confirmed hardware acceleration by MacX video converter.

Other update... MacX video converter seems to say I have Hardware encoding enabled even if my BIOS is set to disable?! What is happening here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back