CPU
E3-1240v2
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, im thinking about upgrading my existing rig wich is Dell T1650 but i had problems to install High Sierra on it. New build is on the way and pleas help me chose parts that would be good for sub cheap rig I head put some parts:

• Intel I5-8400
  • CPU Cooler Enermax ETS-N31-02
  • Gigabyte H370M DS3H
  • HyperX Fury DDR4 16 GB 2400MHz
  • Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 4GB
  • A-Data SSD 256SSD [Owned]
  • WD Red 2TB [Owned]
  • BitFenix Nova
  • PSU be quiet! System Power B9 600W
About MBord
  • Realtek® ALC887
  • Intel® GbE LAN (I can't find exact one :()

What you think about that? it would be good? or hard to install MacOS?

ou should be fine with those parts. You really don't need to buy a CPU CVooler. The stock cooler should be enough. That can save few bucks that can go towards something else. You can also go down on the PSU a bit too. Maybe 500W? Just make sure it is Bronze or Gold rated. Could save you a few more bucks there too.

Hey, I'm thinking about upgrading my existing rig wich is Dell T1650 but i had problems to install High Sierra on it. New build is on the way and please help me chose parts that would be good for sub cheap rig I head put some parts:

• Intel I5-8400
  • CPU Cooler Enermax ETS-N31-02
  • Gigabyte H370M DS3H
  • HyperX Fury DDR4 16 GB 2400MHz
  • Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 4GB
  • A-Data SSD 256SSD [Owned]
  • WD Red 2TB [Owned]
  • BitFenix Nova
  • PSU be quiet! System Power B9 600W
About MBord
  • Realtek® ALC887
  • Intel® GbE LAN (I can't find exact one :()

What you think about that? it would be good? or hard to install MacOS?

Your build as configured should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra, Mojave and the upcoming Catalina.

Personally I don't think the Intel stock cooler is good enough for 6 core CPUs like the i5 8400 especially if you plan to do work that will stress the CPU. I believe a separate cooler like the one you get is necessary.

ou should be fine with those parts. You really don't need to buy a CPU CVooler. The stock cooler should be enough. That can save few bucks that can go towards something else. You can also go down on the PSU a bit too. Maybe 500W? Just make sure it is Bronze or Gold rated. Could save you a few more bucks there too.

Your build as configured should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra, Mojave and the upcoming Catalina.

Personally I don't think the Intel stock cooler is good enough for 6 core CPUs like the i5 8400 especially if you plan to do work that will stress the CPU. I believe a separate cooler like the one you get is necessary.

Thanks a lot for helping :) I will change PSU to bequiet! SYSTEM POWER 9 500W 80Plus Bronze
This Hackintosh will be used for FCPX, illustrator, web browsing.
aztlan78 I chose CPU cooler cuz it's quieter than stock one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back