Contribute
Register

Please give input on my build meant for pro audio usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, looks like that ASUS EN210 SILENT went out of stock while I was getting all the info. Going for the Club 3D 8400 GS 512 MB now instead, looks like it might be an even better choice actually! :)

Hey

Maori1776 said:
z0lu, what BIOS version is your DSDT from?

My DSDT was created with BIOS 704

To the OP...I have a RIIIG board in my hack and it is running smoothly once I got everything figured out (my dvd drive was the issue)..

Which System Definition do you use?

greetinx

gbevin said:
Thanks for the help both of you! I think I'll be going for the Rampage III after all then :)

Putting in the order now!

Hi gbevin,

Just wondering if you put your system together yet and if you ran into any issues? I too am looking to build something for use with Pro Tools for post processing and mixing at home so I am curious to see what your results are like.

Thanks

I'm still waiting for the components to be delivered, should be on Monday. I'll let you know how it goes.

orfeas said:
Just wondering if you put your system together yet and if you ran into any issues? I too am looking to build something for use with Pro Tools for post processing and mixing at home so I am curious to see what your results are like.

I got everything installed and everything is working. Very cool! I used the DSDT posted in this thread and enabled the intel express lan card and the latest VoodooHDA in MultiBeast. That's it.

Some remarks about putting everything together, don't forget to put the DVD drive in the first SATA 3GB/s port, not the first 6GB/s one, that doesn't work. Also, if you plan on adding this to a 2U rack mount chassis like I did, prepare to be in for a world of pain assembling it all. There's very little space to get everything done and putting the Big Shuriken on the CPU is impossible with the motherboard already fixed in the case. I actually broke off a motherboard component while doing so. Luckily I was able to fix it with a bit of soldering.

gbevin said:
orfeas said:

I got everything installed and everything is working. Very cool! I used the DSDT posted in this thread and enabled the intel express lan card and the latest VoodooHDA in MultiBeast. That's it.

Glad to hear that my dsdt file works for others :)!!!

greetinx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back