EVGA Geforce GTX770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
New here so, I am sure this has been posted a few times but, I am looking for some help. I currently have an iMac early 2009 vintage. I love iOS and would like to build up a new desktop. The main things we do with our iMac are internet, and office type stuff but, we have gotten really into photo editing, HD video editing and movie making. These last 3 things overwhelm the iMac to the point that I try not to do video on it.
What I am looking for is a build that is great for the movie and high def stuff and, will edit photos great. I am not into gaming nor is my wife. I would like it to be in a reasonable sized footprint and able to do 4k video.
Any help in direction would be huge. Even to other posts that may answer these questions
Thanks in advance.
Jay

Bump,
so I have spent days on here looking at builds and have narrowed it down ( I think) to either a system with:
4770k with 8 series mobo
4790k with 9 series
3930k with 7 series
i have purchased a corsair carbide air 540 cube case and plan on a 750w ps. I will load osx on a ssd and have a hdd 3tb for file storage. I am thinking of a gtx770 but could also go with a amd card gpu? I also plan on 32g of ram.
Any thoughts?

Bump,
so I have spent days on here looking at builds and have narrowed it down ( I think) to either a system with:
4770k with 8 series mobo
4790k with 9 series
3930k with 7 series
i have purchased a corsair carbide air 540 cube case and plan on a 750w ps. I will load osx on a ssd and have a hdd 3tb for file storage. I am thinking of a gtx770 but could also go with a amd card gpu? I also plan on 32g of ram.
Any thoughts?

Stick with the 4770K or 4790K with an 8-series. 9-series is still having issues and requires extra work..unless of course you want to experiment with them..

Nvidia is recommended. Can go AMD but read the thread about it for compatibility.

Obviously the crucial points will be the brand of motherboard, SSD, PSU and RAM. All very well giving the basics, but whats important for Hackintoshes is picking those parts from manufacturers that are known to work well. Thats where the Buyer's Guide comes in...

Stick with the 4770K or 4790K with an 8-series. 9-series is still having issues and requires extra work..unless of course you want to experiment with them..

Nvidia is recommended. Can go AMD but read the thread about it for compatibility.

Obviously the crucial points will be the brand of motherboard, SSD, PSU and RAM. All very well giving the basics, but whats important for Hackintoshes is picking those parts from manufacturers that are known to work well. Thats where the Buyer's Guide comes in...

Thank you...
is the meshing of the 4790k with the 8-series pretty seamless? I was under the impression that it more was suited for the 9-series.

Thank you...
is the meshing of the 4790k with the 8-series pretty seamless? I was under the impression that it more was suited for the 9-series.

Have a look at some user builds with these parts. You will need to update the motherboard to the latest bios to recognise the 4790K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back