Please don't laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
<< need model # only >> See Forum Rules !!
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
New to the Hackintosh world and looking to make sure I understand the lingo on the buyer's Guide.

When I see 'Gigabyte GA-H270-HD3' it would be considered the '200 series' motherboard.

ITX is a form-factor and would need to make sure my mother board and case are both ITX.
Like an ATX moboard wouldn't work with an ITX case.

These are my ASSumptions, but you know what happens :)

Thank you

yes and yes

And I didn't even laugh once. There really aren't any "dumb" questions just ones that you are afraid to ask.

yes and yes

And I didn't even laugh once. There really aren't any "dumb" questions just ones that you are afraid to ask.

Thank you.. how does this list look? Pretty much grabbed the defaults..

One thing I didn't see on the buying guide was anything Bluetooth related. I didn't see the Wireless or the Motherboard indicate BT.

Thank you.. how does this list look? Pretty much grabbed the defaults..
One thing I didn't see on the buying guide was anything Bluetooth related. I didn't see the Wireless or the Motherboard indicate BT.
For a 1050 the 500 or 550w PSU will be more than enough power. This EVGA gold rated PSU is as good and sells for less than the Corsair model does. $88 from Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0106RDI3W/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

There are a few USB BT dongles in B.G. Accessories section.

Screen Shot 15.jpg

Last edited:
Hi.. I'm in the midst of the install and had a question.

I'm using this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRYHW6B/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 motherboard and the EVGA 550w PSU . There are power cabling from the PSU that are labeled 'VGA', however, I don't see any connections labeled VGA on the motherboard. I can get the BIOs to display using the Geoforce video card but not via the motherboard. Is that expected? i.e. Motherboard video disable if there's a video card detected?

Also, I'm hoping (didn't think to ask earlier) that I can support multiple displays on the
Thanks for any help.

Post in Sierra Desktop Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back