CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody, since mountain lion is out and since it doesn't run that well on my hackintosh, I've decided to purchase a new one !

The Customac guide has already confirmed me that the i5 3570k would be fine, as well as the Corsair Vengeance kit will be and my Saphirre 6870 isn't that much outmoded so I'll just keep it.

So my question is mostly about the motherboard, I'm interested on the GA-Z77X, as they are recommended on the guide and as they offer great specs, but here is the catch, neither is the GA-Z77X-UD3H nor the GA-Z77X-D3h mentioned in the guide, so I'm not 100% sure they will work as fine as others.
Please tell me if you know more ! ;)
Thanks !

They aren't in the guide because they have unsupported audio chip.;)

Thank you, I was about to make a huge mistake then...

So, should I take an older motherboard, like the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (is it compatible with ivy bridge ?), or should I spend a little more money, and go for the Z77X-UD5H ?

Is the Z77 chipset worth the investment over the Z68 ?

It's worth, but there are cheaper alternatives like the GA-Z77-DS3H or the Q77M-D2H.

The Z77-DS3H has no 5.1 audio, which is a bit anoying thought. ^^

My choice will basically be between GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and Z77X-UD5H, so what's that better in the second one (which is a little more expensive) ?
(Thanks for your help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back