Contribute
Register

Please Check My Components :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you check i5 SSDT in Customization, Boot Options of Multibeast 4.6.1 ?

Bobcat86 said:
Did you check i5 SSDT in Customization, Boot Options of Multibeast 4.6.1 ?

I did not, I will apply that now.

Update: Thank you so much that worked wonders! Over 10000 Now

Happy to help.

So what's your final HW config ?

Bobcat86 said:
Happy to help.

So what's your final HW config ?

Mobo - Z68-UD3H-B3 1.3 Ver. F11 (Should i flash my bios?)
CPU - Intel i5 2500k
SSD - OCV 120gb
HD - 2tb 6gbs Seagate
Ram - 8gb Vengeance Ram (Going to upgrade to 16gb)
Video - Gigabyte HD 6850

I have gotten dual booting down pat :) and everything seems to be working great, I have not tested the USB 3.0 Ports on the rear. But the USB 3.0 Ports on the front have picked up in System Specs.

What do you recommend I do to get the most out of my machine? I have a Stock CPU Cooler so I'm not sure about over clocking just yet as I am not really familiar with it. But the thing is amazingly fast programs open almost instantly...

I've OC'ed to 4.2GHz, as it is the max OSX will support. It's really easy, just change the multiplier to 42 in the BIOS.

The cooler I use is the Corsair H60 Hydro Cooler, which was $55 on special. The stock cooler is OK only if you don't OC...

It would be unfortunate to own a K processor and not OC it...

Bobcat86 said:
I've OC'ed to 4.2GHz, as it is the max OSX will support. It's really easy, just change the multiplier to 42 in the BIOS.

The cooler I use is the Corsair H60 Hydro Cooler, which was $55 on special. The stock cooler is OK only if you don't OC...

It would be unfortunate to own a K processor and not OC it...

I've been thinking about getting the Antec Hydro Cooler, do you have to change the voltage? Or can you leave it at Auto?

The store where I bought my stuff strongly recommended Corsair for the cooler...

All I did was change CPU multiplier to 42x and Memory multiplier to 16 (because I have Corsair 1600MHz). Did not touch anything else from CPU/memory defaults.

Also make sure you check OC'ed SSDT in Multibeast.

Alright Sounds Good, I will have to save up some money and grab that CPU Cooler, I definitely want the most out of this machine.

The store also spoke highly of the Antec KÜHLER H?O 620, however the person I was dealing with had the Corsair installed in his machine.

I picked Corsair because it was on special and I already had Corsair memory.

My understanding is that there is nothing wrong with Antec either.

The only reason I had considered the Antec was i think it's 20 cheaper on Amazon.

I honestly cannot believe how flawlessly this computer is working. I am happy I came to this website and got all of the reassuring advice from people like yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back