Contribute
Register

Please advise: i7-2600k GIGABYTE|GA-P67A-UD7-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
bpotter said:
Gordo74 said:
Did you install the sandy bridge bootloader? You say you're booting with iboot legacy, you shouldnt need that.

I did install the Sandy Bridge bootloader. I'll download the regular iboot and try that. Thank you!

You shouldnt need regular iBoot at all. iBoot and iBoot legacy are simply for booting OSX BEFORE you get a bootloader installed. Once you have a bootloader installed, all you should need to do is point your BIOS to boot from Hard Drive.

any luck?

i'm planning on starting a new build using the same components.

asager203 said:
any luck?

i'm planning on starting a new build using the same components.

I'll be reinstalling on Monday. Will post results.

Gordo74 said:
bpotter said:
Gordo74 said:
Did you install the sandy bridge bootloader? You say you're booting with iboot legacy, you shouldnt need that.

I did install the Sandy Bridge bootloader. I'll download the regular iboot and try that. Thank you!

You shouldnt need regular iBoot at all. iBoot and iBoot legacy are simply for booting OSX BEFORE you get a bootloader installed. Once you have a bootloader installed, all you should need to do is point your BIOS to boot from Hard Drive.

I downloaded and used iBoot legacy because that's what you said to do in your guide:
[url="http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=16323"]viewtopic.php?f=79&t=16323[/url]

1. Download iBoot Legacy, MultiBeast 3.4.0, 10.6.7 Combo update (NOT the one for Macbook Pros), BridgeHelper 2.0, and ATI Bootloader (Bootloader for SB + ATI cards) from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?r52bv1otbovc9ci

Well I just duplicated what I used to get the p67a-ud7 b3 motherboard working 64 bit and nvidia card fully functional. Wanted to do this again before posting. Everything worked as expected again.

The main guide I used originally and still use is from:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=15834&start=20 from Joshnyc with slight changes for this board.

I use this guide on both my gigabyte and asus boards.

The gigabyte p67a-ud7 b3 needs a dsdt.aml for the nvidia card to work and the
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext to get rid of the orange icons.

Now:

I used the iboot legacy 2.7 , Multibeast 3.4, tonymacx86NVidiaupdate.mkpg all downloaded from the TonyMac Downloads.

The bios has the hpet to 64 bit and ACHI as your other guide has and the cpu multiplier to 32.

boot with ibootlegacy 2.7

Clean install 10.6.0 off retail

do not reboot

Combo update 10.6.7 (not MBP edition)

Do not reboot

BridgeHelper 2.0

do not reboot.

next Multibeast: DO NOT use easytbeast or dsdt install
do select the rest as Gordo74 has in his excellent graohic. I also add iousbfamilyrollback and the tonymac remix theme so I have a graphical interface.

ALSO: under osx86 software add kext utility
under kext and enablers under audio: under realtek, choose alc8xxhda and applehda rollback
under nondsdtHDAenabler choose the alc889

then let multibeast install.

do not reboot . run the tonymacx86Nvidiaupdate.mkpg

You can now reboot.

I always boot verbose. Anyway if you have any reboot problems check the bios as both times I have installed to this board, the multiplier had reset to 34.

Once in macosx after setup I add the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext attached here.
to the extensions folder in EXTRA and run kext utility which should be in the applications folder installed by multibeast. hit quit when kext utility done.

Add the dsdt.aml attached here to the extra folder. I created the dsdt.aml for this board using evo dsdtse.

Reboot and should be up and working.

Hope this was understandable and no need for graphic injectors or editing com.apple.boot.plist for this board.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    16.8 KB · Views: 90
  • ._IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
    4 KB · Views: 92
I have same board and processor installed and working 100% using Gordo74 guide. Thanks again Gordo74

bpotter said:
I downloaded and used iBoot legacy because that's what you said to do in your guide:
[url="http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=16323"]viewtopic.php?f=79&t=16323[/url]

1. Download iBoot Legacy, MultiBeast 3.4.0, 10.6.7 Combo update (NOT the one for Macbook Pros), BridgeHelper 2.0, and ATI Bootloader (Bootloader for SB + ATI cards) from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?r52bv1otbovc9ci

Yes, you need to download it, but take note when I stop booting from it. It is after I install the ATI bootloader (which you do not need). You need to just install the Sandy Bridge bootloader from Multibeast and boot from the hard drive there.

Amazing! Thank you thank you! I am going in to work early tomorrow to do this! Thank you jherbert16 for the walk through.

One question:

I just add that dsdt.aml to the Extra folder after rebooting / installing everything else? I don't use any utility or anything?

I've been reading that you can put dsdt files on the desktop then use Multibeast "User DSDT" to install it. Am I missing something?

Thanks again!! Will post results!

Just put it in after installing everything else. don't use the dsdt install. Also no need for any utility. Once it is in and reboot the graphic card should be up to speed and resolution.

And no you are not missing anything. I tried it using the dsdt install but did not function correctly. I just stuck to not choosing the easybeast and dsdt install and just adding the dsdt after everthing is installed.

good luck tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back